Azarael Ban

If you feel a ban has been made in error, appeal it here.
Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Re: Azarael Ban

Post by Azarael » Sun 23 Jun , 2013 2:52 am

Nice appeal. Moved to the correct forum since you couldn't be bothered to look for the right one. Currently deciding the ban length now and I'm sure this will help a lot.

This isn't anywhere near close to my first ban and I don't derive any pleasure from it. If anything, it's a chore to go through the inevitable appeals, where I see a ton of lies and fallacies posted.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sun 23 Jun , 2013 2:57 am

If you'd read the rules you'd realise nobody gets permanently banned for things like this. It's a 3 day or 7 day at max, likely a 3 day but we'll have to see what the German members of the staff say about this. The game merely says "permanently banned" when banning using administrator functions.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sun 23 Jun , 2013 3:06 am

A number of German players regard such jokes with distaste, and as I'm sure you know the country takes Nazism pretty seriously. Just going by policy here, you understand.

Although clearly I need to work on my conduct when actually banning people...

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Sun 23 Jun , 2013 11:45 am

BritishAreSensitive wrote:I did nazi that coming.
I feel bad because I laughed.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sun 23 Jun , 2013 7:51 pm

After admin conference, 30 days have been almost unanimously decided, partly because of the attitude displayed in Ban Appeals.

Jiffy
Azra is a Hippie

Post by Jiffy » Tue 30 Jul , 2013 11:43 am

Azarael wrote:A number of German players regard such jokes with distaste, and as I'm sure you know the country takes Nazism pretty seriously.
Even though I've seen you say 'not all germans think Nazism is funny shit... srsly

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Tue 30 Jul , 2013 4:50 pm

This ban expired ages ago - it's on autolift. Allow me to extend it for another 3 days because you felt you just had to talk more crap.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 30 Jul , 2013 4:58 pm

BritishAreSensitive wrote:Don't worry about it, I just let it go. He thinks he knows better than me all the way from England and wants to show his admin powers. I just want to be unbanned now I've served the time.

( I spent 3 months in Germany and have friends there and we ran around shouting heil hitler while drunk as fuck. But this guy knows better of course )
facepalm facepalm

Try showing a little of respect to the admin staff if you wish to play here.

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Tue 30 Jul , 2013 5:13 pm

BritishAreSensitive wrote:Don't worry about it, I just let it go. He thinks he knows better than me all the way from England and wants to show his admin powers. I just want to be unbanned now I've served the time.

( I spent 3 months in Germany and have friends there and we ran around shouting heil hitler while drunk as fuck. But this guy knows better of course )
We literally completely cba what you did in Germany. This server has its own rules. Obey them or fuck off. I recomend you to take the second option.