LS-14 Carbine

Discuss the Ballistic Weapons servers here.
Butcher
V.I.P. Member

LS-14 Carbine

Post by Butcher » Wed 28 Aug , 2013 12:43 pm

This is a great piece of weaponry! its primary is not as accurate but has a great deal of damage and a fast fire rate. Its double barrel mode deals with double damage and half the fire rate. It has a scope with a very nice range which makes it very suitable weapon. Secondary is 3 rockets, that deal a good damage on impact.

First shot is very accurate, which makes the weapon very feasible to use in Hip+crouch with double barrel. Primary from hip is highly inaccurate, you need to control your shooting. Recently, an annoying disadvantage was added to the weapon: the displacement while the player moves. If you are aiming with sights and you need to dodge or move you will not be able to aim anymore. If you jump, the aim and weapon moves downwards. If you dodge too. The only way to use the weapon is while standing still. I plea for this to be removed, and maybe balance the weapon by reducing double barrel accuracy from hip.
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Re: LS-14 Carbine

Post by iRobot » Wed 28 Aug , 2013 1:38 pm

Number of times I have requested weapon sway to be removed: IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Number of fucks given by Azarael:
It's a gameplay ruining device that serves no purpose than to dissuade using a certain weapon completely. Being unable to move, or be fired upon, while using the weapon is pointless. It's like needing to be deployed without the benefits of being deployed.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Wed 28 Aug , 2013 3:12 pm

Yeah I really don't care when people are trying to use the LS-14 as a close-range weapon with double shot hipfire.

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Wed 28 Aug , 2013 9:49 pm

would you consider fixing?...
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Wed 28 Aug , 2013 10:13 pm

It's a sniper rifle and the displacement is designed to stop players spamming LS14 rockets on the dodge or jump. So no.