AS-Fortress remake

For posting your maps.
KimiRäikkönen

AS-Fortress remake

Post by KimiRäikkönen » Mon 05 Jul , 2010 3:21 pm

hai its kimi again havent been on for a while here, but im referring to the oldskool assault map: AS-Fortress.
I think the map was denied for being not suitable for 16v16, so i'd like to remake the whole map, add some objectives, better textures and lighting ( the old version looks like a ut '39 map if u ask me ).
ill begin just now and tell me if you think its a good idea or not etc.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Re: AS-Fortress remake

Post by bOnO » Mon 05 Jul , 2010 5:20 pm

Hummmm, if you could fix Urban properly, before starting something else... :roll: Because delivering a map in which teleporters don't work... :roll:

Oh and here is a list of improvement you could add:
  • For attackers, just add scorpions for all the objectives except #1&#2 (take the core and bring it back to your base), because just one bender is not enough.
  • Obj 8 (the last), increase the objective radius, because you must be right on the hand which indicate where is the objective to complete it. I suggest you add a secondary objective for attackers too to allow a vehicule to enter from one of the gate near the obj.
  • For defenders, from obj 5,there is a broken teleporter in their base which simply doesn't work, and they spawn too far from the obj to defend (the barricades), and can reach it only by travelling almost the whole map before getting there because of the walls.
  • At the place where the redeemer is located, there are jumppads to go up; they don't make you jump high enough :roll:
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

Conqueror

Re: AS-Fortress remake

Post by Conqueror » Mon 05 Jul , 2010 8:43 pm

Please, please, do not ruin Fortress. I would suggest merely supersizing what already exists, with the added caveat of giving the attackers another tank. Also, the spider mines should potentially be reconsidered, with so many people I see it being even more annoying than when it was 6v6.