Very sad the development of the assault server

Discuss matters related to LDG or UT2004 which aren't specific to any server.
Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Re: Very sad the development of the assault server

Post by Azarael » Thu 17 Oct , 2013 3:30 pm

Support to take action against that is nonexistent.

Eiforia
Piska

Post by Eiforia » Thu 17 Oct , 2013 3:33 pm

It was me who spawned a Rhino in the SunPyramid-Race.
When you shot admin vehicle there is a message on your screen and you get selfdamage. You wasnt killed by my actions, i didn't shot you, you suicided yourself. + like Aza said shoting admin vehicle is not instant kill.

Rhino is used in 0 maps of the server. So it's hard to mix up it with something.
"I shall listen to Roy Orbison - "It's Over" in memory of Hamish" - Azarael

darkelf
Disappeared Administrator

Post by darkelf » Thu 17 Oct , 2013 3:49 pm

There are always going to be people offended by people that use cheats on public servers..

it can be harmless as in the case of summoning a admin venom that has no effect other then waste a spot on server. Changing player size or things done at end game.

Despite all that you do to advice people that there is no harm. They'er either going to be angry cause they didn't get any of the toys/cheats that other people received or angry cause they feel its your fault that they are loosing.

This is pretty much the standard in any game. So it's either deal with this and continue as it is right now. Or just refrain completely from doing anything like this in the future.

Or third option. Be extremely discrete about messing about during your admin fun. (Get as far away as possible to prevent exposure.) If your going to mess about in front of spawns or in the middle of the map your going to get a lot of unwanted attention.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Thu 17 Oct , 2013 4:19 pm

Most of us already do that.

Raven

Post by Raven » Thu 17 Oct , 2013 11:30 pm

@ Eiforia:
I landed 2-3 hits with the vehicle and then I was killed, which is not the purpose of the game. Those who wish to play must do so whilst accepting the consequences - namely that you can be killed.
Anything else is no fun for anyone except the admin, who doesn't have to fear losing.

@ all:
I'll look again at the weekend and see if things are still like this. Honestly, I find the server great and have enjoyed working on maps. It would be a real shame if nothing were to change.

original:
@Eiforia:
Ich habe mit dem Vehicle 2-3 Treffer gelandet und dann wurde ich getötet, was nicht Sinn des Spiels ist. Wenn jemand spielen möchte, dann auch mit den Konsequenzen, dass man sterben kann.
Alles andere ist doch nicht spassig, außer für den Admin, da er ja keine Angst haben muss, zu verlieren.

@all:
Ich werde am WE mal wieder rein schauen, ob es immer noch so gehandhabt wird. Eigentlich finde ich den Server toll und habe gerne Maps bearbeitet. Würde ich echt schade finden, wenn dies weiter so gehandhabt wird.
I cant better translation... i use google translator.
Last edited by Azarael on Fri 18 Oct , 2013 12:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: better english translation

Eiforia
Piska

Post by Eiforia » Fri 18 Oct , 2013 4:31 am

Ehm... I think you didn't get the point. I am not affraid to be killed and fully understand that its possible. But if I spawn an admin vehicle = I silently agree not to do objects of the map. Like Aza said it is just slot wastage. I don't spawn vehicles for my own win or win of my team.
I could explain you in game if you asked me while u were successful try to suicide or didn't RQ tht fast)
"I shall listen to Roy Orbison - "It's Over" in memory of Hamish" - Azarael