Matteo Tomateo

Discuss the Ballistic Weapons servers here.
SageOfSixPaths

Re: Matteo Tomateo

Post by SageOfSixPaths » Tue 22 Oct , 2013 9:02 pm

if the whole point of the skill system was to be used for the balancer then where is the balancer? Just remove the skill system or hide it..at least until the balancer is made..if that's all the crap that's discussed in the clan-chat

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Wed 23 Oct , 2013 6:03 am

It's not "all the crap", it's just clan-chat is used for pickering about skill.

The reason why no balancer is that I get too busy (school, now internship in the US) and it still needs some work (and extensive testing).

SageOfSixPaths

Post by SageOfSixPaths » Wed 23 Oct , 2013 12:47 pm

I understand you're very busy and appreciate the effort you're putting into the balancer. But if the skill system is the cause for petty arguments then why not remove it until the balancer is in place?

p.s. did you mean 'Bickering'?

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Wed 23 Oct , 2013 12:54 pm

Kinda offtopic from the original post, but I was wondering if you would remove any reference to individual skill, and only have the 'Average skill' visible where it is currently. That is the only figure that is useful for balance, nothing else.

Skaldy
V.I.P. Member

Post by Skaldy » Wed 23 Oct , 2013 1:58 pm

iRobot wrote:Kinda offtopic from the original post, but I was wondering if you would remove any reference to individual skill, and only have the 'Average skill' visible where it is currently. That is the only figure that is useful for balance, nothing else.
+1.

Also offtopic - don't include duff ping values of "999" when calculating Average Ping :)

SageOfSixPaths

Post by SageOfSixPaths » Wed 23 Oct , 2013 2:31 pm

i agree with robot.

p.s. give that man a cookie!

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Wed 23 Oct , 2013 10:30 pm

Rejected. Just hide your skill if you don't want it to be shown, period on that end.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Wed 23 Oct , 2013 10:35 pm

Izumo_CZ wrote:Rejected. Just hide your skill if you don't want it to be shown, period on that end.
I don't get it. The skill system has done nothing for this server that is positive. The flaming and trolling about people of a certain skill has already been mentioned above.

It's just the same as judging someone who is black based on their skin colour. You see someone with 4.xx and automatically assume they are worthless trash.

The feedback on the system is so overwhelmingly negative it's quite bizarre how it is still defended.

Hiding skill (as X.XX for you only) is pointless as it is not universal, so few people do it, that means anyone who does have their skill hidden is so easily identifiable it's a joke.

Definitelynotjay

Post by Definitelynotjay » Wed 23 Oct , 2013 10:41 pm

Tempted to agree. I am often dismissed cause I've only got 3 . XX skill. The truth is I just screwed around for ages so my skill went down. 4lone
You see a mouse trap, I see free cheese and a fucking challenge.
They will try to kill you. Kill them back.

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Wed 23 Oct , 2013 10:44 pm

The feedback is 2:1 against skill shown openly in the vote; and like 11.5% of the "active players"" decided to hide their skill (which is what I'm actually considering more accurate). Either of these is not nowhere near overwhelming negative feedback.

So this is purely up to people's choice (with the top 10 removal) - choose either to show or hide your skill. No need to force anything.

EDIT: Corrected the stat - 11.5% of active players play with hidden skill (16 out of 138).