Some thoughts and things

Discuss the Ballistic Weapons servers here.
iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Re: Some thoughts and things

Post by iZumo » Thu 23 Jan , 2014 8:57 pm

iRobot wrote:I w-wish I had c-clan friends to talk to on TS..

(ok
Someone is
4lone
and it's not Donnie, lol.

Skaldy
V.I.P. Member

Post by Skaldy » Thu 23 Jan , 2014 9:03 pm

-pray that my wife doesn't want to stream or use a lot of bandwidth
Without going too far off-topic...

...it's not just heavy streaming/downloading - I've found that Apple devices are terrible for trickling stuff over my connection, even when they are supposed to be on standby. It really does affect UT online, so I get them all turned off.

In fact, most home routers are poor at wireless - ISPs are notoriously cheap with their standard issue kit. I use TPLink network-over-power-cable devices around the house instead (£40 a pair), and they are many times faster anyway. Then if you're lucky you won't need wireless at all and can explicitly disable it on the router.

And *then* TS might be viable!

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Fri 24 Jan , 2014 5:53 am

Skaldy wrote: ...it's not just heavy streaming/downloading - I've found that Apple devices are terrible for trickling stuff over my connection, even when they are supposed to be on standby. It really does affect UT online, so I get them all turned off. ... Then if you're lucky you won't need wireless at all and can explicitly disable it on the router.
tinfoil

Let's not forget how that player that just thawed used his spawn protection to get in your face and spam you away (ok

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Fri 24 Jan , 2014 11:11 am

Eiforia wrote:oO Hemad :)
Is it possible to care about skill moar?!
Lol
:D ... the issue is just to constantly loose the fight whenever you are confronted, not because you made a mistake, or you had a good opponent, but because you are delayed/lagged. So the rage comes from something that is out of my control making me have a bad performance.
You can see it often with me: one map dominating, next one last in the team ... or first rounds 15:3 then last rounds -1:30
The skill is just reflecting it as an average.
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

Spin

Post by Spin » Sat 25 Jan , 2014 3:53 am

Mecha wrote:
Spin wrote:I remember I did this once to you, but circumstances were a bit different. I think i killed you, went away and later return to same spot as I was hidding. I don't track time so I couldn't know when you will thaw, I just thought it has to be soon. However I was at same location for like 30 sec, but you only noticed me for like last 10 sec. Perhaps you were watching your team and only returned to your camera for last 10 sec? You then said how could I know when you are going to thaw, I explained same as here(in fewer words tho), and my teammate who was frozen atm confirmed. I remember you didn't believe it.

Oh and I don't use TS. I used it like 3 times when we were still playing tennis. Map was one that is removed now. Where 1 team always started in higher ground and later it got some teleports. Sorry I don't know the name.
Thanks for clearing it up. I was watching my team, when I saw you circling me around I guessed you were using TS to gain information about my status from your buddies, but seems like I'm wrong. It really looked like you were well prepared to spam me off and thus got angered. And when I'm angered, I tend to disregard things. Won't happen again.

NP mate, I actually hate that camp shit too. TBH I sometimes think just the same(witnessed a lot of camping and grenades in my play). But then I remember it's just a game. If someone is putting so much effort in it just to beat me, then let him have it.

I go to sleep with something different on my mind.

btw to all: after thaw if you select grenade, your protection will stop when you press mouse button, not when you release it(i.e. throw the grenade)

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Mon 27 Jan , 2014 11:11 am

Spin wrote: btw to all: after thaw if you select grenade, your protection will stop when you press mouse button, not when you release it(i.e. throw the grenade)
Also melee secondary :)... best choice is to aim with iron sights +crouch and shoot one at least...
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)