Change frequency

Discuss the Ballistic Weapons servers here.
Capaco

Re: Change frequency

Post by Capaco » Tue 18 Feb , 2014 7:49 pm

well even on ts everyone nearly plays like he wants...to get thawed the chance is easier of course ;-)

as there is no other teamwork on ldg, i must call healing somehow of teamwork, great to have a healer. If you just want to let your team win ok, but i want to kill ppl too, only healing is boring? =D

Maszzmic

Post by Maszzmic » Thu 20 Feb , 2014 4:14 pm

Azarael wrote:To the balance and gameplay of Ballistic Weapons. We've noticed a decline in players recently on BW#1 and are trying to ascertain the cause.
Azarael, I am interested in numbers. How much of a decline did you measure, and in what timeframe (days / weeks) did this happen? Did the drop only happen amongst the unfrequently players, or also with the core players? Which players dropped out?
In other words: Who, where, when, what. You must have some data available.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Thu 20 Feb , 2014 4:34 pm

I don't. I only have what I've seen in WebAdmin and GameTracker. Where the server used to hold a small population all day, it can now remain empty up until 6pm GMT.

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Thu 20 Feb , 2014 4:57 pm

School/university exam period?... I suppose non EU players tend to be in those times.
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

Maszzmic

Post by Maszzmic » Thu 20 Feb , 2014 5:16 pm

Well, than I think hunting down the cause(s) will be very difficult. I assume only a small fraction of the players frequenly visit this forum, the others just don't. That means asking the question here only gives a very narrow view on what has happened, and you probably will be left just guessing what has exactly happened with the players disappearing that don't visit this forum.

If you want to thoroughly investigate the cause, than maybe you need to think about setting up a questionaire / asking people on the servers in person / investigating gametracker data as much as you can (which is not much I think). Are there no records of all the matches played? Scoreboards or stuff like that?
School/university exam period?... I suppose non EU players tend to be in those times.
The exam periodes (2 weeks) for the Netherlands have passed about 2 weeks ago. Don't know how this is with other countries... Also in the Netherlands we have hollidays this week and next week. But that should theoretically increase the player count.

Yesterday I was also discussing with Ollie if there has been a major game release in the last weeks. This can also shove away players quicky to a new game.
Aza, I think (but do not know for sure) that the drop in players is probably an external factor, rather than an internal factor...