Poll 6 | Do you believe Calum is abusing his position?

The results of the SeligVoteOpinion mutator.
shadownoon

Re: Poll 6 | Do you believe Calum is abusing his position?

Post by shadownoon » Sun 15 Aug , 2010 5:04 am

Aza really, i'm a newbie Admin but seriously feel free to say STFU and be done with it, i just wanted to post that so it could be seen, because in my eyes it makes absolute perfect sense.

]sNi[ShadowNoon

Conqueror

Post by Conqueror » Sun 15 Aug , 2010 1:33 pm

You guys need to be airing this laundry in private, this isn't a relevant discussion which the public can actively partake in. Rather, its a choreographed execution, and whilst I didn't approve of Calum being an admin, you at least have an obligation to sort this out in a private, discrete and fair way. The results of the poll were the only bit that needed to be posted, in all honesty.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sun 15 Aug , 2010 1:51 pm

I asked for defenses from the public because last time, when it was Toon in his place, many people posted to defend him. It is not my fault that nothing was posted by anyone.

shadownoon

Post by shadownoon » Sun 15 Aug , 2010 3:32 pm

That WAS my defence for him. People are too damn lazy to speak up. He's the only one using his power to take control, he just did it in a way that didn't include other admins when it should have.

]sNi[ShadowNoon

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Post by bOnO » Sun 15 Aug , 2010 10:47 pm

Conqueror: Calum asked for it. According to him, all Yes voters are haters. He wanted to know why they voted yes, and to be able to justify his actions.
shadownoon wrote:
Azarael wrote:We are free to do anything we want. Yes, that is factually correct. However, in the current stages of the game, we have to listen excessively to the population because they are all that is left. Better for us is not better for the random noobs, and while we may feel that we hold the higher ground (in that we can defend our position), ultimately, if they want shit, for whatever reasons, shit is what they get, because we cannot afford to do anything else if we want to stay alive.

Hell of a lot of people nowadays understand English. Recent events (i.e. the use of freeze on people not listening to chat) has demonstrated that people CAN speak English, they are simply ignorant.
Aza, i just feel like the server isn't progressing because all we're doing is being content with what our population wants. Why aren't we atleast attempting things with them and if they outright are against it, reverse it. It should be a constant state of learning by doing. Not doing the same things over and over.

What do you think we're doing? I can't let you say that. We have introduced standard maps, whereas it was a racing server only, at the risk to unplease the majority of the players; we have (Aza mainly) modified almost all the maps, even the most populars, to make them more enjoyable; recently, we have introduced utcomp, even if the server has crashed a lot; and we propose to half the lenght of the ban of people who deign to come to the forum.

I'm tired of the same people voting for the same things again and again, it almost feels like there are only a handful of maps on the server because only the popular ones are voted regardless of whether or not people like them -populars popularly voted because they are popular.

People vote for what they want to play. We could forcevote the maps WE want to play, but it would be unfair (you talked about democracy in the votes, right?).

Remember CnC? Admins hated it, it was a pretty much 50/50 split but we took control and said it is not assault and removed it from the maplist. That was exactly what this is, we know it's for the best and we know it'll benefit people so regardless of what they think, we took control blaming it on 'Sorry but it's just not assault.'. Seems to me like almost every decision we make is tentative if you get what i mean. The things added or removed to/from the server should be fuelled by Admins' decisions and altered/moderated by the populations' opinions, not the other way around because in the current state, decisions are being made at a snail's pace.

I don't get it, what do you criticize here? We removed C&C and said "come to the forum to complain if you're unhappy", and nobody did so.

An example, the VM vCTF server is outright controlled by the clan Vehicle Masters, every change has nothing to do with the population, the population only give their opinions and are heard. The VM vCTF server is constantly active, it's satisfying to play on, there's always an admin member online, nobody moans about what is voted, nobody moans about admins, nobody says ANYTHING negative because it's constant gameplay. It's true that Admins in this server are more active with their powers but why shouldn't that be what makes the server different? If that server can have the control i'm talking about then why can't this one? We have more players than that server and more admins online daily but still, their server is FULL of people who talk, the complete opposite of these ignorant people we have yet it seems we have less control

Also, if what you're saying is true and people simply choose to be ignorant then why not motivate them to be more sociable? We tell people that if you are banned, the time given is halved if you are active on the forums. So why not be more positive to that? Servers such as >Insert any Trial server here< have custom foot trails for being in the top 5 or 10 in the hiscores, why not do that here? The more active you are on the game/forum, the better foot trail you get -of course, it's purely cosmetic but it'll motivate people to become part of the community. You'll be a newbie to the server, you'll log on and see these custom foot trails and think 'Wow, i want one' and you will SPEAK.

:lol: :lol: :lol: You really think because you promise to players to have a totally useless thing, they will start to speak? Come on, stop kidding... And what's more, you want to give that "for being in the top 5 or 10 in the hiscores"? It won't motivate the "noobs", because they will never have it.

I'll add that we do have tried to tell to people, "we want your opinion, come to the forum to express it", we even said we would pay attention more carefully on what would be posted on the forum compared with the comments made ingame. Moreover, the forum adress is noted everywhere we can write it: on the logo of the server, in the server details, in the ingame messages appearing in white. Personnaly, I don't know what more we can do.

*EDIT* And survival? Was it not you, Aza that said (and i quote) 'NOTHING CAN DENT THE POPULATION OF THIS SERVER. Believe me. I've tried' ?
We are the number 1 server for Assault, let that be a good enough reason to take small risks by doing the unthinkable by actually CHANGING something by our standards, because we are the ones doing the changing. Let the doers do and thinkers think, in that order.
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

shadownoon

Post by shadownoon » Sun 15 Aug , 2010 11:09 pm

Bono, read, i didn't mean top 5 or 10 hiscores, that's on the trial servers. Giving people MOTIVATION is what makes people speak. You see something, you want it.

]sNi[ShadowNoon