Map pool with a random selection

Discuss the Race / Assault server here.
proof
Banned

Map pool with a random selection

Post by proof » Mon 07 Jul , 2014 7:46 pm

Hi there,

I have a suggestion for the Race/AS server and hope its possible. My idea was instead of having a large map pool with all of the maps available all the time how about making something like a randomizer which picks 20 maps from Race and 20 maps from AS randomly every day, so people are forced to play some "new" maps instead of the same rotating of 25 maps over and over again. That way people like me (and Im pretty sure many others) dont get bored so easily cause of playing the same maps over and over again, other less played maps get a higher chance of being voted and people who would like to play a certain map would have to check back every day if their favorite map is available.
Art in a frame is like an eagle in a birdcage.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Re: Map pool with a random selection

Post by iRobot » Mon 07 Jul , 2014 9:09 pm

I would suggest to simply add "RACE-RandomVote" (loads a random map if it wins the vote, including greyed out maps perhaps?) to the RACE list, and give it 1.5 weight. That way if a few people wanna play a random map, then they have a chance to, but those voting for a certain map together will still be able to.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Mon 07 Jul , 2014 9:11 pm

Not a bad idea, iRobot. Would suggest adding it generally as "Random Vote" at the top of the list.

Satin
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Satin » Wed 09 Jul , 2014 4:47 pm

Can we have it in invasion too