Disappeared Administrator

RACE-LLS-Forest-Race

Post by darkelf » Mon 14 Jul , 2014 11:14 am

Map: RACE-LLS-Forest-Race

Author: Payback, Joeking and dark_elf

Change Log:
-Converted to LDG Race Mod.
-Added checkpoints
-Converted to a 3 obj race with 2 spawn areas(second spawn activated after first 2 objs are completed)
-Atlas vehicle is the vehicle of choice.
-Added AS_Turrets usable by both teams. Each one has a controller by it. They will not be in spawns. You will need to reach the sentinel to use it.
-Screenshot updated. Loading screen added.

Screenshot:

Note: Wanted to make first obj an ldg destroy-able static mesh. However it was a 1 hit destroy. It was ignoring any settings I gave it. So for now its being done same concept as convoy destroy-able oil tanker. It will just trigger obj after it takes damage. Chances are I missed a simple option but meh.. for not this is what it will be till I figure it out.

Map will be live after offline testing with earl.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Re: RACE-LLS-Forest-Race

Post by Azarael » Mon 14 Jul , 2014 12:40 pm

Hills need to be redone with proper TexMapAxis settings. It's a property of TerrainInfo layers which indicates how a texture should be projected.

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Mon 14 Jul , 2014 1:15 pm

Azarael wrote:Hills need to be redone with proper TexMapAxis settings. It's a property of TerrainInfo layers which indicates how a texture should be projected.
Not my cup of tea but I'll see if I can't figure out what it is you want fixed.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off

proof
Banned

Post by proof » Mon 14 Jul , 2014 3:42 pm

He is talking about the Terrain Layers. Each layer has its own option for the projection of the Texture. By default each Texture is projected onto the Z Axis which means if you look straight down onto the Terrain from a high position the Textue will appear to be normal without any "stretches". However if you have hills with almost vertical walls the Texture will get streched alot and it looks bad and unnatural when you look at it from the side. For this purpose you can change the angle of the proejction. What you need is two Layers for one Rock Texture. One layer has to be projected onto the X Axis (right/left/east/west) and the other one has to be projected onto the Y Axis (front/back/north/south). And then you need to paint all "walls" of the Terrain facing east/west with the X Axis layer and the "walls" facing north/south with the Y Axis layer.

I hope that helped a bit ;)
Art in a frame is like an eagle in a birdcage.

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Tue 15 Jul , 2014 5:20 am

Thanks baby! That helped shed light on what exactly it is he wants done. Also gives me future knowledge of how to do terrain properly.

I don't understand the incredible need to spend 5 hours or more a hell of a lot more...to re-texturing the terrain on this map. I see no logical reason why this needs to be done. I'm starting to think this terrain thing is just one of Aza's pet peeves. Keep in mind I didn't make this map. Just converted it to race mod.

I might be lazy (ok.. I am.)but.. I can't justify spending hours of the few hours I get to map to fixing such a minor annoyance. For the time being I'm going to set that fix to the side. I want to fix the game play issues first.

proof
Banned

Post by proof » Tue 15 Jul , 2014 6:44 am

To be honest, most people who still play this 10 year old game dont care much about graphics anyway, only very few still do. So its not really a big deal if you leave it at that ;)
Art in a frame is like an eagle in a birdcage.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Tue 15 Jul , 2014 12:46 pm

You need not address me as if I'm not present, nor, with respect, demean me for your own insecurity. I'm happy to do it myself, and am doing so. It takes nothing close to five hours.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 15 Jul , 2014 12:58 pm

Azarael wrote:You need not address me as if I'm not present, nor, with respect, demean me for your own insecurity. I'm happy to do it myself, and am doing so. It takes nothing close to five hours.
thx

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Tue 15 Jul , 2014 3:14 pm

Updated server version.

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Tue 15 Jul , 2014 4:33 pm

Azarael wrote:You need not address me as if I'm not present, nor, with respect, demean me for your own insecurity. I'm happy to do it myself, and am doing so. It takes nothing close to five hours.
No disrespect was intended aza. If I came off that way I apologize.

Thanks for fixing it. From what I tried to do it looked like it was going to take ages. I could have very well done it the hard way or incorrectly. I'll have to see if I can find a decent tutorial on how to do it. The way it was described was a bit frighting to me, so I may have overreacted.