Did we lose the server for 18 hrs or so just now?

Discuss matters related to LDG or UT2004 which aren't specific to any server.
iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Re: Did we lose the server for 18 hrs or so just now?

Post by iZumo » Tue 19 Aug , 2014 9:08 am

I don't know if this was made through PM or via chat. Also the aim to do it is like one month old.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 19 Aug , 2014 10:00 am

Consequences will never be the same.

Someone dun goof'd.

Pinky

Post by Pinky » Tue 19 Aug , 2014 10:38 am

focus wrote:For example, spawn town is downloaded in entirety. As well as most old world constructions. I dont remember, if i've downloaded your mountains, Pinky.
I do have my stuff and the spawn town from last week. I also have a copy of the old map and I *may* have an entire copy of the new one (not the very latest version, of course). The only problem is, that all this stuff is on my desktop computer in Berlin and I won't return there for the next couple of weeks. Here in Bern I only have a small laptop with nothing mc related on it (and a crappy WiFi connection)...

Coi
V.I.P. Member

Post by Coi » Tue 19 Aug , 2014 1:11 pm

Izumo wrote:Hey, the blame either goes to DeathBlade or Coi, they were the ones chatting regarding the server reinstall. This time I was taking solely care of this website and ut2004 and didn't touch anything else.
Deathblade wrote:Hmm, I asked Coi about this, but no response.
kiddingme
Where does this quote originate?

Our 'chat' was PM on this forum, I read DB's message at ~19:00 (UTC+2), which was ~30 mins after he sent it, let the script run, responded back and after 5 mins everything was down. I assumed whatever there's to maintain on a server except a complete reinstallation, because somehow Pinky, giZmo nor I received any hint. (We were present on the server, even after the backup, clearly being ignorant.)

I believe the different meanings of "backup", unclear instructions and the assumption that the admins would have known the plan by now, led to this unfortunate loss.
If this sentence is false, I don't have a signature.

Satin

Post by Satin » Tue 19 Aug , 2014 1:56 pm

I'm just going to say two things.

1. caly - GROW UP you're not funny. Are you like 12 or something...

2. It's good protocol to put on a forum when something big like Server maintenance is due, rather than relying on PM's & 'assumptions' it at least gives the relevant personnel a chance to do anything they need to do.

The first any of us ordinary people knew the server was down was when we couldn't log on.

That's not good communication.

focus

Post by focus » Tue 19 Aug , 2014 2:22 pm

Its good if you still have something left. Couple of weeks doesnt matter anyway.
But nevertheless, if there are no original files left, big work for restoring everything into their places awaits.