Shield

Discuss the Race / Assault server here.
Socio
Disappeared Administrator

Re: Shield

Post by Socio » Thu 21 Aug , 2014 9:11 am

I dont really shield-run so I dont care about it. Though I realize that many people who try can get annoyed by that bug, also I think that "hup-hup" with shieldgun isnt really something that would require nerfing. Other then getting to higher places double-jump is not a move often used by skilled players. People that use it in fights are an easy target or Izumos relatives or waste 3 seconds of Tehnixs time in the spawn area LOL
Azarael wrote: - Your beloved Assault gametype cannot support its own server, and so you have zero right whatsoever to complain that your gametype is penalized here.
I miss Eggs'n'Funk (ok
Azarael wrote: Accept the penalty and shut the hell up about it, because we could remove all the AS standard maps if we wanted and the server would be just fine without the Assault community which in general has absolutely no interest in working to start its own server and would rather idle on a race server waiting for LegoWars or Chaos.
I would just pack my bags and leave if that would happen.
Azarael wrote: If left unchecked, your maps kill the server and then you lot have the GALL to bitch that the playercount isn't high enough and leave, leaving a dead server. The guard to stop that should and will remain in place forever more to stop parasites going too far.
Actually I noticed that RACE doesnt fill server up that much as it used to, I would say that the numbers are slowly getting even. If the AS map voted is a popular map and the teams arent stacked to the ceiling, the map ends with more people then it started with, it is mostly noticable on maps that take a while to finish. Like a week ago I played a 5vs5 on start game of ScrapMetal and we ended it with almost a full server (this is why attacking first on this map is the best, second round attackers have more people to get through).
> team-spec*Socio: i see a new rais map
> team-spec*Socio: curious if ikea
> H&some: its not
> H&some: its actually pretty good

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Thu 21 Aug , 2014 3:06 pm

If that's the truth and AS is actually pulling players, the penalty should be adjusted. But under the assumed state of AS running the server into the ground if too many AS votes get past, the penalty does need to be there.
Socio wrote:I would just pack my bags and leave if that would happen.
It was merely a hypothetical statement. I hardly want AS to be removed. I just can't stand the entitled faction, of which Pablito has become a member. He must be taking tips from Calum.

Socio

Post by Socio » Thu 21 Aug , 2014 4:03 pm

This isnt a constant factor, but in most of the games it is true. I wouldnt touch the voting penalty on AS at the moment, but instead put a penalty for RACE (lets say, after 4-6 RACE maps in a row the vote would be 0.8).
My statement was also a a hypothetical one, but the fact is that AS is the only thing keeping me playing this game frequently, if it would be removed I would have nothing left to play and simply leave (RACE alone is too repetitive in the longrun and I only created content for it as I feel it is my duty as an administrator to appeal both of our playerbases).
And yeah, Pablito has become quite a stuck up after he started playing with Calum and company. To keep this game alive we have to give-and-take. But it seems as he is only wanting to take, with nothing to give.
> team-spec*Socio: i see a new rais map
> team-spec*Socio: curious if ikea
> H&some: its not
> H&some: its actually pretty good

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Fri 22 Aug , 2014 7:48 am

In past (at times of heavy RACE chains on the opposite), we did not introduce a RACE chain penalty. Instead we picked some AS maps and gave them bonus in voting under some conditions (such as if 0 out of last 4 games were AS, you get 1.2 votes on several AS maps).

However, from the match log, I don't see a pattern that AS would be pulling players or lack of AS games. I only observe a pattern playercount decreasing when AS is chainvoted (but in general not to critical values). So I wouldn't touch voting now.

It also depends when the map gets voted. Naturally right before peak hours you could say any map will pull players.