Name change

Discuss the Race / Assault server here.
TheRearGunner

Name change

Post by TheRearGunner » Mon 15 Sep , 2014 9:20 pm

Hi, as per title my name was changed by someone else ! O=

How is this done ? why is this done ?

I changed it back in my profile, a bit baffled though as to how it was done.

Any idea anyone ?

Cheers

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.
Disappeared Administrator

Re: Name change

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Mon 15 Sep , 2014 9:53 pm

Sorry I take full responsibility for this childish act. You were camping the tank and farming on Scrap Metal so I changed your name. Was going to change it back at the end, but you left.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

TheRearGunner

Post by TheRearGunner » Thu 18 Sep , 2014 9:00 pm

Hi, thanks for the reply.
My main aim on using the tank was to destroy the gun turrets one at a time.
If this is "farming" then i apologise, but that was not my intention.
Bovine type matters are best left to professional vetenarian members or the wealthy and titled :)

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Thu 18 Sep , 2014 9:00 pm

Regarding Scrap Metal: Link Guns outdps the tank by a significant margin.

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Thu 18 Sep , 2014 9:23 pm

Azarael wrote:Regarding Scrap Metal: Link Guns outdps the tank by a significant margin.
Oh how true! If only we could make all understand this fact. Link gun is the most underrated weapon in ut. It is quickly becoming my all time fav.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

TheRearGunner

Post by TheRearGunner » Thu 18 Sep , 2014 9:24 pm

Sorry i forgot to mention the name change.....TheRearFarmer lol

Azarael what do you mean ? is this not one of the ways of breaking through ?

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Thu 18 Sep , 2014 9:34 pm

TheRearGunner wrote:is this not one of the ways of breaking through ?
There are several different approaches to completing this obj. So far I believe the best tactic is rush.

Tank rush in and take out the side turret(one of the turrets, I think the left is 100 hp less then the rest)

While tank rushes in have the rest of the team shadow behind using tank as cover. Then when able to shoot link gun turrets or when tank is destroyed .. Then do as much damage to the link turrets. Try to target what everyone else is targeting to make sure they loose at least one turret as they can heal each other.

Just keep doing the above till there all destroyed. Then link up and keep rushing with tank to the acid bath.

Facts:
1. Mini gun turrets are pointless. They are easily defeated with one tank shell or simply ignoring them.
2. Waiting for linkers is a waste of time. Just keep rushing people on foot can move faster then the tank.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Thu 18 Sep , 2014 10:56 pm

If you're not familiar with the term "outdps", then put more simply: shooting a target with a single Link Gun will destroy it more quickly than shooting at it with a tank. When you start linking a Link Gun wielder instead of linking the tank so that they can farm a high score, there's no comparison: the tank can't compete with the raw damage output. Noob teams which try to use the tank to destroy the turret, with all the noobs in the back linking the tank, either fail the objective completely or take ages to complete it compared to teams smart enough to use the Link Gun.