Team Balance abuses and your server logs

Discuss the Race / Assault server here.
Tehnix

Team Balance abuses and your server logs

Post by Tehnix » Sun 09 Nov , 2014 12:27 pm

Hi,

since I've been banned for disconnecting during a mapchange by pressing F10 and causing a "team balance abuse" by doing so (atleast according to your server logs), I've gotten kind of sceptical regarding your server's logs and the possibility of basing decisions regarding rule breaks on them.

Yesterday I reported two cases of team balance abuse during a match on gasoline to izumu, and after taking a look at your ban section this is what I found in this thread:
(also someone's credibility to report such kinds of TB abuse has reduced to 0)
Since I have been the one reporting these incidents, its kind of clear that this is directed towards me. Its good that you dont take my word for granted without any kind of proof at all, but until now I thought your server logs could show incidents of team balance abuses when they happen, given that you also consider a disconnecting during the connecting phase before any loading screen has happened as a case of team balance abuse from your logs.

However, since I'm using the auto demo record feature from utcomp, I can prove that my ingame report of team balance abuse was actually correct, regardless of what your logs show.

Here is a demo from yesterday's evenings match on gasoline: here

The important timestamps are (bases on the ingame clock):

First round:

~21:30 left on the ingame clock - Fubar joins blue
~7:50 T-punch joins red, and at ~2:30 he got switched to blue
~0:10 Fubar left the server, and Salko got switched to blue.

Second round:

~ 29:40 Fubar comes back and joins blue again.
~ 29:04 Fubar left again, and this time Rhagium got switched to blue. At this point you can see Fubar standing near the lightning-gun ammo at the sniping window, which means that he has been playing and didnt disconnect during loading screen.
~27:10 I'm saying somethinng like "2 team balance abuses by fubar" in chat, which is incorrect at this point (sorry for this!), as Fubar didnt reconnect a second time yet. However, the first abuse has certainly taken place, so the statement was not completly wrong.
~ 25:40 T-punch left, and Bliber got switched to blue
~23:30 T-Punch reconnects and joins blue
~20:26, Fubar rejoins blue

I think its important to note that the player called "m'" also noticed this team balance abuses happening, as you can see in the demo near the end of the second round.

The demo certainly shows what happened, so when Izumo posts that the logs show absolutly nothing, then there is something completly wrong here.

I apologize to fubar and tpunch for creating this post, this is not supposed to be a personal attack to any of you two, this incident is just the most recent example.

ZioFede

Re: Team Balance abuses and your server logs

Post by ZioFede » Sun 09 Nov , 2014 1:59 pm

I think the problem here is that fubar lots of time is afk while connected to the server and joins/quits once or more even during the same match...I really, really doubt he cares joining to a particular team (or his playing performance for the matter), though if you really apply the strict definition of team balancer abusing, he does that once in awhile.

God should have let Paul live and let you die instead, worthless piece of shit. -Mr. H&some about a random actor-

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Sun 09 Nov , 2014 7:21 pm

Serverlog shows idlekick @ fubar, when DCing for the first time. Nuff said. And both of the guys end up being on the same team as they were before.

And yes, your reporting credibility is now 0. Also prepare for a potent dose of trollin' when I see you online next time
trollface

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 10 Nov , 2014 11:34 am

No problem Tehnix, just send me a PM in future and I'll report them for you

My credibility has no black marks troll2