The LK-05 Advanced Carbine

For discussion of gameplay and weapon balance. This is a discussion forum and post quality is moderated.
Calypto

Re: The LK-05 Advanced Carbine

Post by Calypto » Mon 12 Aug , 2013 4:33 pm

Azarael wrote:I don't think it's handicapped at all. Look at the bwstats screen for more info on it.
The sights handicap it

pilau

Post by pilau » Tue 13 Aug , 2013 3:09 pm

Calypto wrote:The sights handicap it
Because the way they shake?

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Tue 13 Aug , 2013 4:44 pm

pilau wrote:
Calypto wrote:The sights handicap it
Because the way they shake?
I think this is a bug, srs-600 had it too... maybe all with this type of scope...
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

pilau

Post by pilau » Tue 13 Aug , 2013 5:32 pm

What is the bug?

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Mon 23 Feb , 2015 2:07 pm

Bumping this old thread because I find the weapon to be completely broken - unsupressed, the recoil is incredibly punishing and I feel after the first three or four bullets the whole business turns in to a lottery ... practically useless outside the range of a SMG, and then inept within that range. Burst mode improves the situation a little. Suppressed - it's certainly usable, but the recoil still feels greater than, say, the CX, especially after a number of shots. Easier to just take another rifle or sniper for greater accuracy and greater damage.

When you have the time and motivation, could you take a look at these values please Aza?
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

Satin
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Satin » Tue 24 Feb , 2015 5:25 pm

Agreed. I thought one of the big selling points of this weapon was it's follow through accuracy after multiple shots.

Rymosrac
Revolver Ocelot

Post by Rymosrac » Wed 25 Feb , 2015 4:36 am

A while ago, that was true - to a fault. The weapon was exceedingly stable, with low vertical recoil and almost nonexistant horizontal, wedded to a suppressor option and above average AR DPS. It doesn't have a grenade launcher or any other fancy secondaries, but it doesn't take much of an advantage in primary fire efficiency to make that irrelevant.

I haven't had much time with my hands on the current version, but I'd be hesitant to recommend anything more than minor recoil reductions.

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Wed 25 Feb , 2015 10:48 am

The weapon is now exceedingly unstable, and the player count employing the weapon shows this - it's a dead weapon. No one uses it.

I feel the recoil is simply too punishing, especially in combination with the high fire-rate. Players now simply prefer the CX and SAR for greater stability, AK for its damage output, or the M46, CYLO and M50 for the secondary perks (although the M46 is also very stable and deals a good amount of damage). Even the MARS weapons are seeing more action than the LK.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Wed 25 Feb , 2015 12:12 pm

May I play a few games tonight with the LK-05 myself and test? Please don't adjust too quickly.