A73

For discussion of gameplay and weapon balance. This is a discussion forum and post quality is moderated.
Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.
UT2004 Administrator

A73

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Sat 14 Mar , 2015 1:16 am

Bit concerned by the damage output of the secondary blast - I got hit with 158 and 188. Aberiu said that the bolt deals more damage as range increases, which is fine, but are these values correct? Aberiu also told me to avoid the bolts (my reply was rather rude ...), but this is impossible as the bolt speed is far too fast, even if you're equipped with the lightest of weapons. Is it possible that the speed is bugged, if the damage values are correct? Because it's certainly a bit overpowered.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Re: A73

Post by Azarael » Sat 14 Mar , 2015 2:10 am

A73 alt: ramps from 75 damage to 205 damage over 0.7 seconds. To be hit for 158 and 188 the projectile would need to have travelled for around 0.45 and 0.6 seconds respectively. A direct hit is required, thus you're getting hit by someone with an effective ping of 450 and 600 in each instance, notwithstanding that the projectile is arcing.

I'm not inclined to do much about that.

I also saw the log of the map in question.

Rymosrac
Revolver Ocelot

Re: A73

Post by Rymosrac » Sat 14 Mar , 2015 2:37 am

Does seem like a serious chunk of damage, but generally speaking at the ranges it'll land for that big a tick they'd have had a much easier time nailing you with one of the heavy sniper weapons for at LEAST that much damage. Idk, I'll poke around a bit before I say there's no way it's OP, but it doesn't look that way on paper.