AS-Xenon

For posting your maps.
proof
Banned

Re: AS-Xenon

Post by proof » Mon 14 Jul , 2014 1:22 am

lowgrav will be a no-go for me since thats a total gameplay killer.
Art in a frame is like an eagle in a birdcage.

Tehnix

Post by Tehnix » Fri 18 Jul , 2014 12:39 pm

how about a translocator part as the last objective in the map, so it cannot be used for anything further?

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Fri 18 Jul , 2014 12:55 pm

Maybe you could incorporate actual barricades with karma and involving vehicles like the fences on FunKarMap. Would be interesting to defend like that when you can actually lose your walls and stuff.

proof
Banned

Post by proof » Fri 18 Jul , 2014 8:13 pm

The idea is good, but Im not a big fan of karma when its gameplay related cause its pretty buggy, especially online.
Art in a frame is like an eagle in a birdcage.

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Mon 30 Mar , 2015 11:11 pm

There is an unknown issue with the autodemorec on this map, which causes clients to crash - if players are experiencing this, disabling such using UTComp (F5 or typing 'mymenu' in to the console) is the solution.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

Tehnix

Post by Tehnix » Tue 31 Mar , 2015 9:15 am

This issue also happens on a few OLDZ maps, but I'm unsure which one they are. It doesn't happen on any other current available AS maps though. Will try to post the error message when it happens the next time.

When this issue happens, its unlikely that you can disable the autodemorec feature while the Xenon map is still going on, and finding another server running the same UTcomp version is quite hard, so its easiest to disable it from the config file, if you dont want to wait for a mapchange.

To disable the autodemorec feature from the config file, go to your UT2004\System folder, find the UT2004.ini file, and change

[utcompv17a.UTComp_Settings]
bEnableUTCompAutoDemorec=True

to

[utcompv17a.UTComp_Settings]
bEnableUTCompAutoDemorec=False

Regarding the map: What does the electric fence do? I enabled it, but then looked around and didnt see anything happen at all.

Socio
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Socio » Thu 02 Apr , 2015 5:07 pm

Tehnix wrote:Regarding the map: What does the electric fence do? I enabled it, but then looked around and didnt see anything happen at all.
Checked out in editor, there is a switch above it that triggers a damage volume of 600hp per second, I think it is designed as a trap against the Hellbender.
> team-spec*Socio: i see a new rais map
> team-spec*Socio: curious if ikea
> H&some: its not
> H&some: its actually pretty good