Garage Hunt Island

Discuss the Race / Assault server here.
bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Garage Hunt Island

Post by bOnO » Sun 19 Jul , 2015 1:56 pm

I played this map yesterday, and congratulation Calypto, it's almost playable. But please:

- All lights are visible through the hills, the ground and shine like white fireworks. Same for every gunshots, particularly the link gun ones.
- Only reds seem to have a Hybrid hellbender (I can't say for sure though because I joined on blue when the map had already started but I never saw it at spawn or anywhere else). So one for each team?
- Can you widen the trigger to open the garages? We can't see when it's open and it's a pain to place yourself right on the pixel to allow the opening. Sometimes it's on the lever, sometimes it's in the center of the platform...
- I found the map quite flat, could you put some random rocks/trees to make it less dull?
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

mini
V.I.P. Member

Re: Garage Hunt Island

Post by mini » Mon 20 Jul , 2015 10:27 am

Needs more kangaroo's.

Yeah it is hard to tell if you have opened it or not... how about an opening sound?

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Tue 21 Jul , 2015 6:08 am

- All lights are visible through the hills, the ground and shine like white fireworks. Same for every gunshots, particularly the link gun ones.
It's a bug with the LensFlares mutator, it's not very online-friendly. I can take it off.
- Only reds seem to have a Hybrid hellbender (I can't say for sure though because I joined on blue when the map had already started but I never saw it at spawn or anywhere else). So one for each team?
Both do
- Can you widen the trigger to open the garages? We can't see when it's open and it's a pain to place yourself right on the pixel to allow the opening. Sometimes it's on the lever, sometimes it's in the center of the platform...
yes
- I found the map quite flat, could you put some random rocks/trees to make it less dull?
More fog and more trees, upscale by 150%?

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Tue 21 Jul , 2015 10:00 am

Yeah, moar fog and treez plz, like with BW maps
trollface

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Post by bOnO » Wed 22 Jul , 2015 2:56 pm

I don't know for the fog, the interest of the map is to shoot people before they reach the objective (and if you can shoot them in a tree or a rock... ^^ ). If you can't see anything it will transform into close combat, which I'm not sure will be that fun...
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Sat 22 Aug , 2015 5:45 am

Updated to Hut Hunt