Introducing GateHunt

For posting your maps.
iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Re: Introducing GateHunt

Post by iZumo » Fri 12 Jul , 2013 4:41 pm

Wait, a few things:
- make it that each gate can be selected n times (n being visible variable) while keeping the total number of gates (i.e if you select 25 gates and each can be triggered 25 times, it's purely random, or if you select 50 gates and each can be triggered max 2 times, then it will cycle through 2 games. Also add a check that new gate isn't the same as old one if possible.
- don't forget to trigger a special event after last game is done (for round end trigger)
- don't forget on Reset() for practice round (just in case)

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Fri 12 Jul , 2013 4:48 pm

Don't forget deemer room O=

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Fri 12 Jul , 2013 5:37 pm

Already accomodated for end game and reset. Changed the implementation to random order of gates rather than random selection of all gates. Will add other requests later.

Updated previous link.

Spectre

Post by Spectre » Sat 13 Jul , 2013 2:31 pm

Perhaps it would be beneficial to give some points to the second and third players to claim a gate as well? It might prevent camping a little if people think they have at least a shot at some points, rather than choosing to wait for the next gate to activate.

darkelf
Disappeared Administrator

Post by darkelf » Mon 15 Jul , 2013 12:13 pm

Just played the new version. With that being said I'm extremely bored now playing it. Was exciting to have floaty vehicles made it different and challenging. Also with low grav you had the challenge of pushing your enemey further away from obj or shooting him into it at a higher speed. Now with no gravity its bouncy benders all over the terrain making it almost impossible to get a twin beam hit to shoot your enemies as vehicle makes unpredictable leaps and sudden turns while driving on the hills.

All the map is now is moonvalley with benders. At this point might as well just make it unarmed scorpions as being a gunner is pretty much pointless.

I would like to see a lolcar version. That way you can have air control. But the idea could go much further. Imagine total caos (Dragonfly, lowgrav, air control and bender/atlas)

Granted this is just my take on what i saw. From the general thought of the average raiser they seem to like the no grav. Maybe I'm way out there but to me I thought it was a nice touch.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Thu 28 Jan , 2016 7:06 pm

bumping so socio can reignite that PASHUN for mapping