A pretty rediculous ban

If you feel a ban has been made in error, appeal it here.
leelum

Re: A pretty rediculous ban

Post by leelum » Wed 19 Oct , 2016 7:01 pm

giZmo wrote:Downplaying the word Nazi with just saying it´s a far right totalitarian party is the biggest bs i have ever read. I suggest you go
back to school and pay more attention in history glass or even better open some history books to complete your lack of school knowledge.
Eh. Nazism Is a form of far-right totalitarianism. That's how it was bloody well defined at the Nuremberg Trials. (Source A Von Knieriem - 1959). Second source, I'm Humanities PhD Student... Seriously. My use of the term doesn't downplay it at all - It's not saying any of the bad things didn't happen due to 1930's-1940's German governments.

Here's a test for you, If I called him Soviet? What would your reaction be? Probably less of an emotional one. Because of the way history was written, the emotional burden of all the deaths during WW2 was placed on Nazi Germany. Despite the horrendous things that happens as a result of the Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact, or dare I say, post-war treatment of eastern block states. It's the same in post-colonial states. Mention Britain vs France, and you'll see more hatred of Frances colonial history due to the two ways in with the empires disintegrated. But yet, you wouldn't shout at me if I called him a British colonialist. Every state has done some shitty things, Nazi Germany is probably at the top of that list. But it doesn't distinguish that I used the term in a vernacular use as a political far-right totalitarian. I.E overly harsh with the rules, which is pretty clear from the context.

Back to the Nazism argument you made, just so you can be a little more educated, hell students pay money for seminars I give, here is some information for you. There are other elements to what you can define Nazism within; You have normative, descriptive, and as you well just expressed emotional. We are well past the de-nazification stage of state-school education in academic literature. The more post-modernism literature has moved back to the realistic factual perspectives that were given at the Nuremberg trials. Mostly due to the excellent work of the Chief prosecutors who remained extremely well impartial. If they had used emotional descriptors, there was the fright of "sore loser" syndrome, which would re-open up the possibility of a Nazi revival. This means the evidence and their presentation is an excellent primary source - if you look at many books on the subject now, you'll see them using the orginal papers, not those from the 1960'-90's which had Implicit stereotypes due to the cold war. (1st & 2nd world perspectives).

I digress.

I'll ask my supervisor if I can take some time off to go back to "glass" to increase my "lack of school knowledge" because apparently doctoral education is too high for you?. Jesus Christ. ;"(

0rang3

Post by 0rang3 » Wed 19 Oct , 2016 9:36 pm

Leelum, not many people have guts to admit they are wrong. So, probably, you won't achieve anything.

leelum

Post by leelum » Wed 19 Oct , 2016 10:11 pm

0rang3 wrote:Leelum, not many people have guts to admit they are wrong. So, probably, you won't achieve anything.
I know, but it's not why I do what I do.

Plus I've had worse. Ever had a Chinese student claim Taiwan wasn't it's own country? Holy fuck that was hell ;'D'D And also a fun trolling semester!

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Wed 19 Oct , 2016 10:52 pm

Unfortunately, you're still banned for 30 days. If you're so well educated, why did you call an admin a Nazi to begin with? Surely you know the emotional toll Nazism had on Europe? How do you think someone on the street would react, particularly in Germany, if you disagreed with their point and then shouting Nazi in their face?
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

0rang3

Post by 0rang3 » Wed 19 Oct , 2016 11:05 pm

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. wrote:Unfortunately, you're still banned for 30 days. If you're so well educated, why did you call an admin a Nazi to begin with? Surely you know the emotional toll Nazism had on Europe? How do you think someone on the street would react, particularly in Germany, if you disagreed with their point and then shouting Nazi in their face?
Can't disagree with Earl either.
But the point about "far-right" stuff was pretty argumented for me.

leelum

Post by leelum » Wed 19 Oct , 2016 11:15 pm

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. wrote:Unfortunately, you're still banned for 30 days. If you're so well educated, why did you call an admin a Nazi to begin with? Surely you know the emotional toll Nazism had on Europe? How do you think someone on the street would react, particularly in Germany, if you disagreed with their point and then shouting Nazi in their face?
Because it's an online game. People should have thicker skins. People do have thicker skins. Actually, there's papers written on that too. Check out SIDE Theory (social identity model of deindividuation effects) It works both ways. Hell half of the gaming community is banter. If I knew he was German, that would be a different case, and wouldn't have called him that due to their respective laws. In the same side of the coin, He should realize people shouldn't automatically know he was german before being offended. Then again, Fuck, when I was in Berlin, you bastards made Nazi jokes the whole day.

Either way, I'm not expecting to be un-banned. See previous message:
leelum wrote:But if that's your rules. Fair enough, Fair-well, and I wish you well in the future.
But here is the learning point. I may not use that context on here again, but I don't think the Admin team have taken anything away from this at all.

0rang3

Post by 0rang3 » Thu 20 Oct , 2016 12:41 am

leelum wrote:If I knew he was German, that would be a different case
Eiforia is Russian =) That is probably even worse than for German.

leelum

Post by leelum » Thu 20 Oct , 2016 4:51 pm

0rang3 wrote:
leelum wrote:If I knew he was German, that would be a different case
Eiforia is Russian =) That is probably even worse than for German.
That explains a lot. When I visited Moscow and St Petersburg, a few years back, they were really nice to us, but bloody hell did they hate germans, and have a load of Memorials to beating the nazi's.

0rang3

Post by 0rang3 » Thu 20 Oct , 2016 4:59 pm

I'm Russian as well. =)
We don't hate German people. We have strong memory of what have been done and how we won that war. Anyway, Germans hate that period of their history too, at least that is what my German friends were telling me. Nazism is a black page in book of history, and if there are still some people who feel painful about that page, we should be tolerant and respect their right not to be mentioned among that far-right party.

leelum

Post by leelum » Thu 20 Oct , 2016 7:03 pm

0rang3 wrote:I'm Russian as well. =)
We don't hate German people. We have strong memory of what have been done and how we won that war. Anyway, Germans hate that period of their history too, at least that is what my German friends were telling me. Nazism is a black page in book of history, and if there are still some people who feel painful about that page, we should be tolerant and respect their right not to be mentioned among that far-right party.
Our tour guide was so different! She was very anti-german to a funny level. She was a little oldschool though.

Hell, I'm very jealous of your Tsar Cannon tho ;)