RACE-AssaultRacerz New Map

For posting your maps.

How should Air support vehicles be utilized in this level(AssaultRacerz only)?

No Raptor or manta support.
22%
Raptor(prison) and manta (non prison).
44%
Raptor(non-prison) and manta(prison)
No votes
Raptor and manta support(both prison).
No votes
Raptor and manta support(both non-prison).
11%
Only raptor(non-prison).
No votes
Only manta(non-prison).
No votes
Only raptor(prison).
11%
Only manta(prison).
No votes
Leave map with the current edits however set objective 1's manta to be non-prison.
No votes
No opinion.
11%

Total votes: 9

coletay

RACE-AssaultRacerz New Map

Post by coletay » Tue 29 Nov , 2016 6:59 pm

Hi guys,
Finally finished my new map, heres a link to the DL, if you could add it to the Racing Server ASAP :)

A Few Things:
- Think the level may take 20 minutes instead of 15, it takes around 14mins in singleplayer to complete, but obviously i havent taken into account nitro as its not avaliable on SP, so this may make up for it, authough players will be shooting eachother at any cost :)
- 4 Objectives, 2 Bases.
- Built in a way so that the enemy is always visable, Team Work Benders would be best suited with 2 people inside :)
- If you could check that the door is covering one of the entrances in each start room, shouldnt be a problem though. let me know if there is.
- If you could make sure my player spawns in the start room are done correctly, they work fine playing from unrealed but on instant action everyone seems to spawn anywhere.
- Think all the files needed are in the Zip folder, let me know if there not :)

Download Here : http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=463 ... 1984738981

Thanks!

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.
Disappeared Administrator

Re: RACE-AssaultRacerz New Map

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Tue 29 Nov , 2016 8:29 pm

Thanks for your input! You've made an original map, and for your first I'm impressed. I've tested it out and there are a few issues to iron out before we can add it to the server, one major and some minor.

Major

I haven't been able to test out the last two objectives because I haven't been able to figure out how to get to the vehicle spawn! I see that it's connected by teleporters, which is ok, but where are the outbound portals located? All the portals in the player spawn link to redspawn and bluespawn1, should they? Might be easier to just set up a second spawn area in the second base instead of using teleporters, although that would require scripted triggers.

Minor
  • I think you'll need to add portals to your map to separate out the zones. I see you have antiportals in some areas, which is fine, but they must be placed within the BSP - at the moment the ones you have are causing visual holes in the map, especially at the second objective. Portals are easier to manage, especially as you have small entrances to large areas. Just plug in some portals and the whole map will run smoothly.
  • It's not a big issue, but I have concerns about the platform drop at obj 1. We don't usually include too many trial elements in Bender maps, and that section is very complex! But you can leave it until online play to see.
  • Shock rifles in RACE maps are a no no! One shot can severely alter the vehicle's direction, so we don't use them!
  • Spawn killing from distance is also possible. Might be worth extending your glass wall right down to the end of the first corridor just to make sure this doesn't happen. Sentinels do work however.
  • You could also alter the texture scale on several surfaces, like the lava, to make it look a little prettier, but this isn't a necessity.
  • Finally, all objectives bar the last one have the same event. Is this intentional?
The major point definitely needs a look at, but other than that it looks promising!
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

Thewalkingdead3

Post by Thewalkingdead3 » Tue 29 Nov , 2016 8:38 pm

Is good map next map is me RACE-Merdedespetitspoids
Le silence rend les rageux encore plus fou 🔪
Retient un truc je ferrai plus d'effort pour revenir vers toi
Tu m'a trahis sa veut dire que tu as pas des rourounette

Den
System Administrator

Post by Den » Tue 29 Nov , 2016 8:47 pm

WTF are cpacks in zip?

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Tue 29 Nov , 2016 9:24 pm

I just stuck them in the system folder, works.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

Den
System Administrator

Post by Den » Tue 29 Nov , 2016 9:36 pm

Yes, spawn and teleports to vehicle garage work randomly. Also couldn't find way to track to 3rd and 4th. Possible to reach enemy vehicle garage from own vehicle garage, it will be not spawnkilling, but better fo fix.

2nd track I'm going to explore later, but some words about 1st. It's long and has some difficuld places plus easy to shoot so I'm afraid it can turn into 1st track of walking's last map, I mean when there will be 10 players it will be probably almost impossivle to finish, will see how it will work, but probably fix some places to make it more difficult to shoot from bender's rear gun? Also there are too many barrels. Usually there is only one gunner in bender and he will have to pay attention to all barrels and watch for enemies, it will make 1st track even more difficult.

But in general map looks very nice, good job.

Den
System Administrator

Post by Den » Tue 29 Nov , 2016 9:37 pm

Earl wrote:I just stuck them in the system folder, works.
I just did nothing with them, works

coletay

Post by coletay » Tue 29 Nov , 2016 9:54 pm

For the major point, after completing second objective and returning to spawn area, do you look up above the doors and go through the teleporter thats under II (two) ?

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Tue 29 Nov , 2016 10:54 pm

Here's my dirty secret to getting maps to look better and have a smaller file size: go to build options and select "RGB8" lightmap compression.

Den
System Administrator

Post by Den » Tue 29 Nov , 2016 11:58 pm

Well, 8 players tried it, we saw all objectives, found some things which need fixes but in general map is very good and I hope it will be ready soon.

A question to Earl. On spawn my FPS is very high, low at vehicle garage so it's a little uncomfortable to play, becomes normal during driving, same everytime, it's not random. If in video settings set "Physics Detail" lower, then FPS is very high and I have no discomfort. What can be the reason? Can it be some laggy or heavy textures or meshes?