Offline RACE malfunction

You need help? It's here!
bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Offline RACE malfunction

Post by bOnO » Sun 24 Sep , 2017 2:44 pm

I have a problem to play RACE maps offline (and I'm not the only one): for some reason, when I select the LDG Racing gametype and launch a map, the map starts as Deathmatch or once in a while as ONS. It's also the case for the LDG Assault gametype, the objectives don't appear, the vehicles don't spawn and the bots are fighting each other (and it overrides any choice I made on the number of bots and their level). The layout is the one from DM too. I tried to delete everything related to RACE and install it again, but it didn't change anything. The only way to make it work is to play the maps under the regular Assault mode, but I lose all the RACE functions (nitro, jump...). How to solve this?
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.
Disappeared Administrator

Re: Offline RACE malfunction

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Sun 24 Sep , 2017 3:05 pm

It sounds like the maps that you are trying to play have been incorrectly configured in the Level Properties tab.

Level Properties -> DefaultGameType -> UT2k4Assault.ASGameInfo
Level Properties -> PreCacheGame -> xGame.xDeathMatch

This will work.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Post by bOnO » Sun 24 Sep , 2017 3:33 pm

Where do I find this? Is it in one of the ini files, or do I have to open the maps in the Editor? Because it does it for EVERY map under any LDG gametype. Could it be because I need to replace every NV8_Patch13 references with NV8_Patch14 in the NitroVehicles.ini?

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Sun 24 Sep , 2017 5:30 pm

Yeah open a map in the editor, and go to View -> Level Properties. Or press F4 (or it could be F5 or F6, one of them). I think this is the issue.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

Satin

Post by Satin » Mon 25 Sep , 2017 10:27 am

I have this issue... but only with the derby race one, weird huh.

Satin

Post by Satin » Mon 25 Sep , 2017 5:33 pm

knofflers race 'MasterOfRaise' is also configured as DM when offline

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Post by bOnO » Tue 26 Sep , 2017 3:03 pm

I don't know what to think about it. 2 days ago I switched the language to English (because I was playing with the French language) and had to install some fonts for another software, and everything worked fine when I launched the game, even Knoffer's map, it was RACE. Yesterday I played again, I didn't change anything and some maps worked, other didn't especially the most recent ones (Knoffer's and Doge's Nibiru)... "Level properties" doesn't exist but it seems it is in "Level Info"; PreCacheGame property is correct on the few maps I tried to open, but DefaultGameType is set to LDGGame14.LDGRace on the problematic maps so it could be it. What do I have to do to change it? Replacing LDGGame14.LDGRace with UT2k4Assault.ASGameInfo and saving, or is there something else to do? And how come the maps work correctly online whatever the property is and not offline?

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Tue 26 Sep , 2017 7:32 pm

'Replacing LDGGame14.LDGRace with UT2k4Assault.ASGameInfo and saving'

Yeah, this will hopefully work. I've had to do this on my own maps when I saved the map as RACE. Maps should be saved as AS and then RACE to avoid this happening