UT2Vote

Discuss matters related to LDG or UT2004 which aren't specific to any server.
TheDejaVuPl@yer

Re: UT2Vote

Post by TheDejaVuPl@yer » Sat 08 Jan , 2011 5:53 pm

I am fully aware of how to run multiple servers on one box and the -ini= switch on the command line.
Is that the reason for pride? You are administrator, you should know such things by default. That's not the thing you can splash with.
Since UT2Vote implements the server name colouring while also being a superior mapvote solution, I think I would rather use UT2Vote on the UnWheel and ONS servers than edit someone else's code.
Answer me pls why do you, Aza, scare to edit something? Tell only the truth, there was enough pretexts.
Also you still didnt reply for my first question: why is UT2Vote is so 'superior mapvote solution'? You hide behind your administrative threats at me and 'ragecalling' while I'm still relaxed and even smile while you are pressing on me. Just answer.
because you are opposed to UT2Vote - which seems to be your attitude to pretty much everything that's suggested these days.
Maybe that's just because so much shit are suggested these days... <_<
Three to five crap and insane ideas on one good. At least you didn't crush the second_server_needed idea, I'm even surprised you didn't!
Make one more ad hominem attack on anyone and you're going straight into the cooler. I'm getting sick and tired of reading every post from you filled with hatred when things aren't going your way and buttlicking when things are cool - and I am not the only one who's getting annoyed with it.
Are you insane? That not an insult on you just a fair question. Or this is something personal? Answer me please! Because according to last times and your PM's ignorance I really think its personal.
Maybe I lied somewhere? Maybe something is untruth? Or maybe I insulted on somebody? Point it please.

Cease to assume that everyone else is a fucking idiot and you are the only one who knows anything - sometimes I don't do things for a reason.
Hey, what's that?! Where did I mean something like that? That's a mean lie. Point me now where did I mean something like you talking about. Right now, please! That's a serious accusation, ground that.

TheDejaVuPl@yer

Post by TheDejaVuPl@yer » Sat 08 Jan , 2011 6:18 pm

Whoa! Such big colourful letters! Incredible.

Ok, by list:

+ Graphical map previews are displayed.
– This can work well on default voting on good tuned server (that is too hard for you as I understood today).

+ Better GUI.
– Really, its crap. No rage, relax. I've graduated design institute so I know what I'm talking about. This GUI is redundant.

+ "Games" menu instead of dropdown box allows players who want Assault or Race when the other game is on to pool their votes together on the gametype instead of on separate maps, making it easier to break AS- or RACE- looping.
– Wow, such advantage! Yeah, that was really hard to click dropdown menu.
And that "making it easier to break AS- or RACE- looping" is your imagination. Believe me.

+ UT2Vote can disable maps from being shown under certain playercount conditions, avoiding heavy spam maps being voted at high playercounts and large maps being voted at low playercounts.
1 Yes, this is first advantage. No doubt. But I doubt you will setup that, cause of many reasons...

+ UT2Vote can also change server settings and mutators on a per-map basis.
– Default voter can do this too, if you didn't know. Sure in normal hands...

+ When UT2Vote is in the startline, it immediately switches the server to its default gametype and mutator settings after a crash. This gives FTP admins access to the server's startup settings without the security risk of giving them root access, which is required to edit any of the servers" startup scripts.
– Lame. Advantage for lame admins, seriously. You would better skip this because this is really lame. Nothing personal, that's shame. I even sorry writing this because I'm sorry of you.
All this can be done in many many SIMPLIER ways.

+ Server colors across multiple servers without separate system directories (and without modifying someone else's code).
– Bla, bla the same. Hint for stubborns: its can be done w/o separate system directories and w/o modifying existing code too, lal.

+ Chat logging without using UTChatLogger, on a per-map basis.
– Lame again lame... I gave you two chat loggers and I know you downloaded only the simple one. You didn't even look the second one, which is one of the most powerfull chatlogging systems for games. And you didn't even try it. Maybe its too hard to you. Relax, dont rage on me again. Nothing new.

+ Server messages without SeligServerMessages or ServerMenuMutator, with better functionality.
– THATS REAALLYY ROOOFL!!!! Muaahhahahaaa!!!
You got to used that Selig shit because of somebody's of admin sympathy to Selig. Excuse me for this words. But I'm really sure in it. Because its really crap. More over, copypaste.
I said that before already: Seligs stuff is shit. Sure UT2Vote is more powerful in that. Just because your knowledge level were limited w/ Seligs's stuff. Well, now its limited w/ UT2Vote. Feel happy - you discovered 1 more percent of truth. Or even 0.00000001, like you prefer to type ^^

+ Allows forcing from WebAdmin without fucking up UTComp.
– Lol, lame again. PLEASE DONT TAKE OFFENCE. I've said that before - forcing can be done as usual without fucking up UTComp when all is tuned correctly. And you ignored that. As you always do when you dont know how to fix that and scare to ask for some help. Why shy?

So, should I replenish your disadvantages list after 1 (ONE) advantage left? ^^

Dear me. Better lock this tread. Because anyway you are ignoring any grounded opinion and I will not shutup until bullshit is pronounced. No point for further talk.

Genesis
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Genesis » Sat 08 Jan , 2011 6:45 pm

I Think you're reading to much into a simple change of vote system.
Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe - Albert Einstein

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sat 08 Jan , 2011 6:58 pm

I see all these lines stating that things can be done another way, but I don't see you stating how. No doubt your next post will contain some bullshit excuse, like "why should i help u set up server lal u r nab", but the real reason is you are talking out of your arse. Prove me wrong.

Claims made by DejaVu:

- Startup script of server can be modified by a user that is not root, when the startup script itself is owned by root

- Default voting can be configured to change settings on a per-map basis

- ServerColor can be added to all servers without separate system directories and without changing the code

- WebAdmin forcing can be accomplished without causing the UTComp scoreboard bug.

Go on, answer all four claims.

TheDejaVuPl@yer

Post by TheDejaVuPl@yer » Sat 08 Jan , 2011 10:14 pm

Genesis wrote:I Think you're reading to much into a simple change of vote system.
Just swelled up after all.
but I don't see you stating how. No doubt your next post will contain some bullshit excuse, like "why should i help u set up server lal u r nab"
Maybe you are not the nub, I dont know... But I know you are mean person. I've never refused your questions and always helped you and others too and never made a proud of that in spite of nobody even know how much was done. Until today - no more things for ldg after zarel's rudeness. And leave me alone pls.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Wed 12 Jan , 2011 5:26 pm

I will concede that he is actually right in that the default voter is capable of changing game and mutator settings on a per-map basis, and UT2Vote actually uses the exact same functionality, as it's not really a part of either voting system.

Later edit (08/03/2011) by Izumo: UT2Vote has been replaced with custom voting. Topic closed.