Using console to change a number of game settings at once

Discuss the Ballistic Weapons servers here.
Jate
V.I.P. Member

Using console to change a number of game settings at once

Post by Jate » Sat 20 Aug , 2011 12:03 am

So I play on two servers here, Assault/Race and Ballistic, and have a few sets of binds to fit the gameplay of the two, in files like this one:

Code: Select all

set input b DualSelect
set input r BWReload
set input MiddleMouse BWScope
Another thing I would like to put there is these lines:

set Engine.Pawn bWeaponBob false
set Engine.PlayerController bNeverSwitchOnPickup false
because I like to have automatic weapon switch when using standard set of weapons (I have them arranged already), but not when using ballistic weapons (because of their huge number and different properties). Also, BW mod already has its own "bobbing" when not using sights, and having the UT bobbing on results in unusable sights in BW.

But I can't to use these commands while being online on the servers:

Sorry, using the console to modify the value of Pawn.bWeaponBob is not allowed during network play!
I do realize these features are purely cosmetic and don't affect the gameplay much, but it would be nice to have them around. Is there a way to allow them to be executed?

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Re: Using console to change a number of game settings at onc

Post by iZumo » Sat 20 Aug , 2011 11:42 am

There is a hackish way how to unlock "set" fully by patching the dll, however it can be misused for cheating. However I think "'UT weapon bob" should be made to be ignored competely in BW.

Also in BW you have the keybind tab to create your binds and have them effective only for BW.

Jate
V.I.P. Member

Re: Using console to change a number of game settings at onc

Post by Jate » Sat 20 Aug , 2011 7:22 pm

The interaction binds tab is indeed nice, yes, but it's not quite what I was looking for. When I'm playing BW offline, I don't have them around (would be glad to though :) and have to use that little rebinding script. The basic idea is to change the settings with a single hit of a button (a bind on a pair of looped aliases or something), without having to poke in GUI every time. Of course, when playing offline, I can also perform any "sets" I want. But I can't do it online without resorting to GUI. That is a problem.

I don't think that is worth it to go all hackish for an issue as minor as this. I guess I'll just turn those settings off.