ban

If you feel a ban has been made in error, appeal it here.
Todori

ban

Post by Todori » Sun 01 Apr , 2012 1:04 pm

I got banned for glitching.
I'm not sure, what exactly i did wrong, so perhaps one of those admins can tell me? (Map and date would be nice) And please no april jokes ;)

ps: in "my opinion" it's a fine line betwenn glitching and just knowing secrets of the map.

thanks for taking time
Attachments
Unbenannt.jpg
Unbenannt.jpg (123.96 KiB) Viewed 2165 times
Todori = Pro

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Re: ban

Post by Azarael » Sun 01 Apr , 2012 1:44 pm

A screenshot was displayed of the end-game on Beach2k12, showing a sniper rifle deployed underneath the map. The endgame screenshot snaps to the player who got the last kill, and in this case that player was you. Hence, you were banned for going under the map.

Due to the way sniper rifles work, when you are deployed, you ARE the weapon (it counts as a vehicle) and your actual body must be within a certain distance of the deployed weapon in order to maintain the link. Therefore, you were glitching.

There's no "fine line" between glitching and knowing the secrets of the map - the day are long gone when admins turned a blind eye to all sorts of exploitation. A secret is something a mapper adds deliberately - such an example would be the room in StalwartXL which is accessible through shooting the wall. If you do anything which was CLEARLY not intended to be done (for example, go someplace from which it becomes obvious that the map is not "real", because you can see the reverse side of terrain, or glitch through some obstacle) then the admins here will ban you for it. If in doubt, don't take the risk.

giZmo
Hogwarts Professor

Post by giZmo » Sun 01 Apr , 2012 2:44 pm

Got this image from a friendly player telling me she got killed without being able to see you even in thermal scoped view.
Attachments
Shot00159.jpg
Shot00159.jpg (180.89 KiB) Viewed 2145 times
"We never truly know how to appreciate something until we have lost it forever."

Todori

Post by Todori » Sun 01 Apr , 2012 3:09 pm

Funny thing, i remember that scene.
But first, thanks for reply.
Back to topic: I put my sniper rifle on the ground, right to the palm on this little island (mouseclick (right)). Then i was aiming for the cliff (left). I saw one of the red team. He shoots me (i was losing hp) and after recharging i hit him. It was the last point in game.
I got annother "end pic" on my screen: me next to the palm, standing one meter behind the rifle (thought it would be a graphic mistake). It wasn't my plan to glitch, just a got position.
Perhaps you know problems like that, but if you gave me a chance, i also can show you this at the map, cause i still know the exactly position.
Unfortunately i didnt take a screenshot.

thanks
Todori = Pro

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sun 01 Apr , 2012 3:18 pm

I have attempted to do what you appear to be doing in the screenshot and it's impossible. Ban lifted.

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Sun 01 Apr , 2012 7:15 pm

I knew it was impossible

No Calypto edits are glitchable

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Sun 01 Apr , 2012 8:26 pm

That's really all there is to say on the matter.

giZmo
Hogwarts Professor

Post by giZmo » Sun 01 Apr , 2012 10:21 pm

Calypto wrote:I knew it was impossible

No Calypto edits are glitchable
Wut ? I talked with you about it and if it could be possible and you said YES !
"We never truly know how to appreciate something until we have lost it forever."

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Sun 01 Apr , 2012 10:54 pm

Pics or it didn't happen