Dragonfly detected

Discuss the Race / Assault server here.
Socio
Disappeared Administrator

Re: Dragonfly detected

Post by Socio » Sat 25 Feb , 2012 12:21 am

Trial is just a small part of the map, to make people master the DF there, instead of wasting time standing at its respawnpoint and watching the sky.
And we allow RACE-trial like maps. Examples: Derby, NewScorpionCoaster, BlazingScorpions. In general any Scorpion RACE map in which you have to get from point A to point B without losing your Scorpion on the numerous obstacles (ramps, balance beams, movers etc.) which you will find driving along the track can be classified as trial.
> team-spec*Socio: i see a new rais map
> team-spec*Socio: curious if ikea
> H&some: its not
> H&some: its actually pretty good

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Sat 25 Feb , 2012 2:23 am

PALADIN wrote:Since when this is a trial server?
It's not. The mapper(s) just decided to balance things and make sure that a dragonfly won't get in the hands of some random noob. One map < one server. Besides, if you think that is a trial, wait until you see Eliot'sTrial through the eyes of imound.

PALADIN
Banned

Post by PALADIN » Sat 25 Feb , 2012 2:59 am

You just called 90% of this server community random nubs.
bOnO: Calypto, and you plan to correct all the phrases of everybody? We are not all English pros you know...
PALADIN: Aza, please continue correcting my phrases, thank you for that teaching.

Deathblade
System Administrator

Post by Deathblade » Sat 25 Feb , 2012 12:14 pm

I don't like this but this little trial has the advantage to prevent people to expect the respawn of dragonfly being completely useless to the game...
Note that I have never been able to pass this trial :)
The LDG admin !

PALADIN
Banned

Post by PALADIN » Sat 25 Feb , 2012 12:51 pm

I must admit that I like that Draginfly is added because it can perfectly balance the maps like scorpionrace. This gives a chance to catch every sprinter. But only after a proper balancing of it sure. Now not shield nor heal not saves the cars, even both.
While its completely not needed at Sunshine because Socio made that map "spiral crossing" so nevertheless far you went and even near the objective you can be shot down from far behind opponents. So This map do not need a catcher like that.
bOnO: Calypto, and you plan to correct all the phrases of everybody? We are not all English pros you know...
PALADIN: Aza, please continue correcting my phrases, thank you for that teaching.

Socio
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Socio » Sat 25 Feb , 2012 2:21 pm

*Note about Sunshine:
I'll probably post 2 version of the map later today with/without DragonFly as the map from something really popular among players had turned into a rage spewing whinefest.
> team-spec*Socio: i see a new rais map
> team-spec*Socio: curious if ikea
> H&some: its not
> H&some: its actually pretty good

PALADIN
Banned

Post by PALADIN » Sun 26 Feb , 2012 10:33 am

I plan to make a radar as separate mutator for you to be able to integrate it in maps which needs it.

Nardaq_NL

Post by Nardaq_NL » Sun 26 Feb , 2012 7:00 pm

there are people who kick ass in DF and can do trial and people who cant (yet) meaning they are OMG F*CK nooooobs!!!!!!?! (caly talk)
and people who can do trial and suckyducky @ DF (le /me)

make it a vehicle trial and we'll talk again :P or 10*10 maze :mrgreen:

also I'd like to see some buffing on the DF
it needs 4-5 shots to kill a DF with twin-beam (dont know DF hp exacly) while a bomb can kill a bender in one hit(if hitted 100%)
and what about some knock back on the DF?

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Sun 26 Feb , 2012 7:42 pm

I dont understand your post Nardaq, are you saying the dragonfly needs a buff?

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sun 26 Feb , 2012 7:51 pm

Dfly drops in 4 hits from bender (which cannot miss) while dfly must get in range and bomb blind. It's only a one shot against noobs and with flyer skill.

It's a learn to play issue (solonabs) and dflies are fine.