Unreal Tournament for Unreal Engine 4 is coming

Discuss matters related to LDG or UT2004 which aren't specific to any server.
Aberiu
V.I.P. Member

Re: Unreal Tournament for Unreal Engine 4 is coming

Post by Aberiu » Fri 22 Aug , 2014 6:24 pm

I'm still taking part in this because the engine is awesome.
Just look at this:

The guy threw in a few walls and a light and voila, vray quality in real time.

I just stopped reading the movement discussion subforum. Regardless of what the movement will be in the end we will have plenty of movement mutators anyway. Otherwise the project is very promising.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Fri 22 Aug , 2014 6:28 pm

Good god.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Fri 22 Aug , 2014 6:29 pm

Engines are taking quite the leap. The Fox engine used for Silent Hills looks almost photorealistic.

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Fri 22 Aug , 2014 7:16 pm

Azarael wrote:Your face when Standard Servers Only? You'd have to be insane to think they're not going to play the bullshit whitelisting game.
If that happens, then it's an advantage for us, I'm sure you know what I'm speaking about. It's opensource anyway
fts

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Sun 24 Aug , 2014 8:03 pm

Just found out pdkinlag is planning TitanRPG for the new game, I'm hoping it will have Druid's RPG's features added in.
http://dvgaming.com/showthread.php?3624 ... n-Concepts

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Tue 26 Aug , 2014 6:09 am

I got the pre alpha game to play and test out..

I'm quite confused at what the current goal is of this pre alpha.. As of right now it all looks like a straight port of ut3 to ut4 engine. Pretty sure the're just place holders but.. they really went out of there way to make them function and look well polished. Not sure why one would do that if they don't plan on using them. I hardly call that an accomplishment. Other then the effects and lighting changes that make it look really really nice.. There isn't anything here to be worth while so far.

So my basic experience with the pre alpha left me with the thought of. I just played ut99 with amazingly beautiful graphics.

I might try it out later and stream it on twitch. Or you can just browse twitch lots of people show casing it.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

proof
Banned

Post by proof » Tue 26 Aug , 2014 7:50 am

Just to clear a few things up here before more and more people start posting ignorant shit:

This version was NOT ment to be public. It was ment to be Epic-intern for testing purposes. Some retard from Epic leaked it and now we got a shitload of ppl posting complaints and crap about this "so called pre-alpha".
Art in a frame is like an eagle in a birdcage.

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Tue 26 Aug , 2014 8:17 am

proof wrote:Just to clear a few things up here before more and more people start posting ignorant shit:

This version was NOT ment to be public. It was ment to be Epic-intern for testing purposes. Some retard from Epic leaked it and now we got a shitload of ppl posting complaints and crap about this "so called pre-alpha".
Steven Polge wrote: UPDATE: New build posted 8/22

Unreal Tournament is being developed in close collaboration with the community (see The Future of UT). It is still very early in development, so it's incomplete, buggy, full of placeholder art, and therefore is not in any way representative of the ultimate vision for the game. You really shouldn't play it now! That said, if you want to see where we are, offer constructive feedback, or maybe even jump in and start contributing, we've made this build available.

Epic isn't hosting public servers for the game yet, but you might find some posts in this forum describing how to connect to servers being hosted by members of our community.

Before playing this game you must agree to the terms and conditions of our end user license agreement. If you agree to the terms and conditions presented in the license agreement, press

YES to get the Windows client.
YES to get the Linux client.
YES to get the Windows server.
YES to get the Linux server.

(please do not post these links elsewhere)

You may also need to install the Visual Studio 2013 redistributables in order to play. You can download them from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=40784 .
Calling people "retards" is unacceptable, especially in this situation.

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Tue 26 Aug , 2014 8:21 am

proof wrote:Just to clear a few things up here before more and more people start posting ignorant shit:

I have a feeling this is directed at someone else and not me. But its coming off really premature.

I bought the engine and did go about the proper way of getting this "pre alpha"

No doubt a lot of hate is coming out of this. But in there rants and complaints, a lot of good is coming of it.

This is just my take on it. The beta is nothing to write home about atm. I just feel there direction as far as gameplay is completely ut99 with nothing new.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola