Dragonfly detected

Discuss the Race / Assault server here.
bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Re: Dragonfly detected

Post by bOnO » Mon 27 Feb , 2012 12:48 am

There is still the question of DF VS scorpion; on stadiumrace scorps can't destroy a DF (lolquantum). They have shields but 3 is too low when facing good flyers :(. Would it be possible to have a weapon which would prevent the DF from firing for a certain amount of time when hit? At least scorpions would be able to reply and not just stay passive waiting bombs to destroy them.
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Mon 27 Feb , 2012 1:42 am

I would prefer to see Dragonfly health on these maps reduced and the weapon rendered more effective against the Dragonfly. At the moment Dragonflies take about 55 per hit of Quantum, so with 600 or 800 hp they can soak up fire.

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Mon 27 Feb , 2012 1:58 am

Well in case of stadium; it's rather not to destroy the dragonflies, but outmanouver them. That's why scorps have passive role.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 27 Feb , 2012 10:12 am

Difficult to balance the DF due to the wide range of ability of the users. If you make it harder on the established pilots, then newer ones will have an impossible task trying to learn it.

PALADIN
Banned

Post by PALADIN » Mon 27 Feb , 2012 12:12 pm

Nardaq_NL: Pls classify me then. I can do trials much harder than that one, with shield-wall-dodging f.e. etc.. But I can not control that perverted thing well (sure I could force myself to learn that way of control, yep, but I dont want to ruin with that my skills in flying simulators, like Janes F/A-18 f.e.). Plus I dont like that style of bombing defenceless opponents. Plus I prefer drive on a race maps.

Talking generally about balancing DF (except radar), the vehicles at maps with it should have 5 shields (because each covers only 15 seconds of a long way while DF bombs the leader constantly) and 5 heals (because shield protects only the driver and momentum while vehicle is still damaged and dies even shielded after few deemers very quickly).
Plus DF's should have an ability to shoot each other. But that should be a weapon to damage only each other. Raptors autoaim AVRiL could be well if DF whould not be so extremely maneuverous. That 90-degrees turns in it should be fixed too to be more smooth and requiring more radius and space. Now its like ignoring inertia laws at all.

In case of Stadium I agree with Izumo: scorps should outmaneuver the bombs. But boms also should have less splash radius or at least DF's should not be able to change their direction so instantly flying zigzags.

Another idea I can suggest is to find a way to query players passing a trial so the player that just failed DF could not take it again until others try it. To implement it there can be added a door after the trial that is opened defaultly but is locked once any player got inside a garage. So as one passed the trial he stays waiting DF respawn in dragonfly garage behind the locked door so others who passed later (or just failed a fly) cant bother DF. A series of two-four small tambours (whith a proximity trigger linked to the door behind) can make a query. Easy and fair.

And the last thing as a reply to Robots note about the new players training: we can add a second DF (or even a few) for each team, twice smaller by size (or invisible) and unarmed (or very lightly armed) for the training, without a trial.
bOnO: Calypto, and you plan to correct all the phrases of everybody? We are not all English pros you know...
PALADIN: Aza, please continue correcting my phrases, thank you for that teaching.

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Mon 27 Feb , 2012 3:53 pm

PALADIN wrote:Since when this is a trial server?
I think you lack mental capability to post a useful post.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 27 Feb , 2012 4:54 pm

Dragonfly really needs first person view that works properly. Also a look behind button.

joinha

PALADIN
Banned

Post by PALADIN » Mon 27 Feb , 2012 5:58 pm

Aha, and four seats for skaarjes to drop as mareens :)
bOnO: Calypto, and you plan to correct all the phrases of everybody? We are not all English pros you know...
PALADIN: Aza, please continue correcting my phrases, thank you for that teaching.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 28 Feb , 2012 10:23 am

So like, StadiumRace needs a "checkpoint", about 30% from the end which will remove any shields a scorpion has left. Shielding the entirety of the final two straights is so cheese it's not funny.

You will spend around half the track wearing the leader down and exhausting his three shields, only for the second place driver to start doing the same, soon you fall so far behind that not even Sean Connery could do better.

What say you!

PALADIN
Banned

Post by PALADIN » Tue 28 Feb , 2012 10:31 am

Im not sure I understood you correctly, do you really crying about DF is not strong enough against scorpions at Stadium? o_O
Well, why shy then, lets arm it with an InstagibShockRifle (which deals 1000 damage). No-one should avoid Robots rage ^_^

PS: While Im not using dat thing even I understand clear that flying transversely the road you can eliminate multiple incoming leaders.
PPS: As somebody already said, your failing in DF is your skills problem trollface