Bobloblaw glitching

If you feel a ban has been made in error, appeal it here.
iRobot
Junk Administrator

Re: Bobloblaw glitching

Post by iRobot » Thu 03 Oct , 2013 4:44 pm

All these fixed maps that aren't being used

(ok

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Thu 03 Oct , 2013 4:47 pm

Azarael wrote:Of course banning will solve everything. People will stop doing it because they don't want to be banned.
Careless bans (for this particular skyrais glitch) are not a way to resolve things. If people are too much used to it, it has to be removed in order to stop it.

However on other places, yeah I agree, it's bannable.
darkelf wrote:
Shihan wrote:What I find particularly annoying is the glitch in thescorpion race map with teh quick fire deemers at the start (forget the name of it). The scorps can back up to the wall and fire through the wall into the next room with impunity killing people firing the deemers. I thought that glitch had been fixed but it still happens.

That map is pyra. I have fixed that map and gave a link to download it in the forums. It has yet to be uploaded to server.

http://www.ldg-gaming.eu/viewtopic.php? ... =40#p16737
Whoops, looks like it got missed. Uploading ...

proof
Banned

Post by proof » Thu 03 Oct , 2013 6:33 pm

or just give me the code of the shock scorp and Ill let the shock ball spawn further behind so that you cant glitch through thin walls with it. Or some1 else just do it, its not such a hard thing to do since there are plenty of joints in the weapon of the scorp that can be used as spawn.
Art in a frame is like an eagle in a birdcage.

proof
Banned

Post by proof » Thu 03 Oct , 2013 6:40 pm

no edit button?

anyway:
Izumo_CZ wrote:Actually I don't recall banning for this particular glitch in Skyrais, it became too common (and Baby, you got 3 days for TB abuse). Pierons is a different story.
I am 100% sure I had at least a session ban about a year or almost two years ago for using this on Skyrace.
And why is PieronsHouse different? Its the same kind of glitch.
Art in a frame is like an eagle in a birdcage.

Nardaq_NL

Post by Nardaq_NL » Thu 03 Oct , 2013 11:28 pm

BabyDontHurtMeNoMore wrote:
balkanraiser wrote:Yes de facto glitch i saw today as well on pieronshouse map with a tank ( shooting on obj without receiving damage)
what shall i do printscreen and post it here for every de facto glitch :D Than lots of ppl should be banned...
The person who did that yesterday has been kicked or even banned by Izumo, he has seen it.
Also, I have been kicked or even banned for three days (I cant remember) for doing the same thing Bobloblaw did in the picture I posted above. It is glitching, it is unfair (even with the shield) and everyone doing this should be punished, not just me. If nothing will be done, I will start doing the same and after a while everyone will use this glitch and it will end up in a big camp party.
bender + shield + shock balls, np
Shihan wrote:What I find particularly annoying is the glitch in thescorpion race map with teh quick fire deemers at the start (forget the name of it). The scorps can back up to the wall and fire through the wall into the next room with impunity killing people firing the deemers. I thought that glitch had been fixed but it still happens.
Lego scorp something, i tough that got fixed ages ago?
Izumo_CZ wrote:Actually I don't recall banning for this particular glitch in Skyrais, it became too common (and Baby, you got 3 days for TB abuse). Pierons is a different story.
this "tactic" is very common today and yes I do this to. Kill me from above (thats a hint)

Nardaq_NL

Post by Nardaq_NL » Thu 03 Oct , 2013 11:39 pm

doh, missed some pages.
Azarael wrote:Just start banning people for it and the rest will fall in line. This is a pain to fix, as Robot says. The most efficient way would be for the actual weapon to trace backward towards the turret to check whether there's an obstruction on the barrel.

I also note that we're banning people glitching with the tank in this fashion on Pieron's.
You will have a lot of FTW moments people getting a ban for this. Try start with a kick for warning to get the warning rolling for this "tactic" as this is very common to do for a lot of people like me. Good i saw this topic :)

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Fri 04 Oct , 2013 1:50 am

lol "kill you from above"

It's sad when you have to babysit people who are fully possessed of common sense and know full well that what they are doing is cheating.

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Fri 04 Oct , 2013 8:36 am

I need to add "fist of vengeance" to cm alongside slap, to kill Nardaq from above.
trollface
Azarael wrote:It's sad when you have to babysit people who are fully possessed of common sense and know full well that what they are doing is cheating.
Nothing to worry about, OLDZ comin' tomorrow. Le glitching time
troll2