Discussion - The Killstreak System

Discuss the Ballistic Weapons servers here.
CaptainXavious
V.I.P. Member

Re: Discussion - The Killstreak System

Post by CaptainXavious » Fri 07 Jun , 2013 5:36 pm

Butcher wrote:I like the fact of getting rewarded for kills, maybe a thawing reward would be interesting too. Thaw streak, you get the G28 ;) ...
I was wondering about an idea similar. We (Sgt. Kelly's Weapon Pack) have more medical items coming and I think a thaw/heal streak would be a neat way to earn them. Of course heal streak would only be added to when you heal others and not yourself.

Whether or not it'd actually work out in a practical sense, I dunno. But I think it'd be kinda neat. Sort of a means for players who may not necessarily be good, yet still contribute to the team to get rewarded.

Braincraft

Post by Braincraft » Fri 07 Jun , 2013 5:53 pm

iRobot wrote: Effectively limiting their use to one-two rounds this way. Makes claiming them at the right time more important than just mashing I as soon as you see KS3
I like the idea.
You guys can still use the killstreak weapons but dominating the game for to many rounds will be history

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Sat 08 Jun , 2013 4:37 pm

I think that making killstreak weapon not to prevail the round end is a good way to go, too.

Jiffy
Azra is a Hippie

Post by Jiffy » Sat 08 Jun , 2013 5:36 pm

I propose killstreak weapons are dropped to the killer when the victim dies, and all killstreak weapons are purged from others if they are no longer owned by the claimer(s).
Last edited by Azarael on Sat 08 Jun , 2013 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please don't use obnoxious text modifications to stand out

Capaco

Post by Capaco » Mon 10 Jun , 2013 8:31 am

At least its dropped or sth like that, someone can pickup the gun for the rest of the round. Just imagine u kill the other guy and suicide yourself, weapon dropped. 3 rd guy is happy trollface.
But the wep just stays for the end of the round.

then its kinda more random who carries a big gun ( u dont see who picked it up, not like donation u see who gets it) and lower skilled players ( no offence) have another chance to receive a good gun.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 10 Jun , 2013 10:54 am

Idea: Claiming a KS removes any adrenaline you have, even if a combo is active.

The weapons themselves are fine, but when you couple them with booster/berserk, is when they truly become animals.

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Mon 10 Jun , 2013 11:40 am

iRobot wrote:Idea: Claiming a KS removes any adrenaline you have, even if a combo is active.

The weapons themselves are fine, but when you couple them with booster/berserk, is when they truly become animals.
This makes you use your adrenaline and then claim... Is true the use of a combo enhances the KS weapon severely, but the idea is to reward not to punish you became a KS!
I suggest to allow >= KS2 for the round for an amount of timeplay equivalent to the round time (3-4 minutes) only such that when you get a KS in the end of the round you may still use it a bit.
Maybe that you loose it after 30-50 secs when you don't kill or hit someone with it.
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 02 Jul , 2013 10:53 am

Can we have a week without KS weapons in the pool and see what the feedback is like?

Serious request, as I feel KS weapons do nothing but help the stronger players farm more and the weaker players (of which the server is primarily populated by, no offense intended) are just getting pushed away.

Capaco

Post by Capaco » Tue 02 Jul , 2013 11:52 am

interesting idea joinha

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Tue 02 Jul , 2013 11:55 am

Hmm, KS weapons could have a time limit on them to reduce the push futher on KS2 and KS3 weapons.