RACE-RainbowRace

For posting your maps.
Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.
Disappeared Administrator

Re: RACE - NetherRace

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Mon 30 Dec , 2013 10:02 am

Hellbenders wouldn't work; there are too sharp turns leading onto jumps, plus I'm not convinced they can manage the banked turns all too well.

I'm all for sticking with the Atlas cars (preferably without scorpions) as they seem to be able to navigate fairly well, and getting rid of the Rocket Launcher and Shock Rifle. Oh, we'll need to fix up those tree and mushroom static meshes too. At least they haven't figured out they can camp in them yet ;)
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 30 Dec , 2013 11:12 am

I would try minigun scorps, if a NV version exists. EMP would ruin the map, as it just means you EMP someone, get out and fire nades/bio at them. Very tedious.

Didn't feel the Quantum was that bad though. You have shields and as long as you keep shooting back, you'll absorb just as much health as they take.

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Mon 30 Dec , 2013 11:42 am

iRobot wrote:I would try minigun scorps, if a NV version exists. EMP would ruin the map, as it just means you EMP someone, get out and fire nades/bio at them. Very tedious.

Didn't feel the Quantum was that bad though. You have shields and as long as you keep shooting back, you'll absorb just as much health as they take.
1. How many people actually understand that about quantum?
2. Its extremely difficult to do this track and shoot backwards at the enemy shooting you.

Web launcher scorpion might do better in this map as it will be quick and easier to do track but doesn't have the weapons to combat very well. Thus balancing it out.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 30 Dec , 2013 12:05 pm

Web launcher has the same tedium as EMP, in that when you get hit, you just get out of the vehicle. So that's just swapping one problem for another.

If no Quantum or Plasma scorps (or minigun!) then it'll have to be Atlases.

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Post by bOnO » Mon 30 Dec , 2013 5:57 pm

OK, If Atlas seems to be the best solution, use it. However put a few normal/mini/Quantum scorps for atlas haters ._. Is it hard to add more shields to scorpions? You could give them 5 shields for example so that even if the weaponry is weaker, they play more defensive and more "racing"...
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 30 Dec , 2013 6:03 pm

Insistent on Scorpions - Then perhaps swap the shields for the toggle-able version that recharges, same as the Atlases have. Being able to shield and and off when and if you need it is much more user friendly than just 5 second fire and forget.

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Post by bOnO » Mon 30 Dec , 2013 6:05 pm

If it's feasible, it would be nice!
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Mon 30 Dec , 2013 6:09 pm

That would be up to izumo to make a vehicle like that for this map. As it stands it does not exist.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 30 Dec , 2013 6:10 pm

It is almost there though. I believe the EMP scorpion has this type of shielding...I can't comment on the work needed to transfer but several maps would be able to make use of the end product.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Mon 30 Dec , 2013 7:23 pm

The minigun scorp is shit for the same reason as the minigun: it's unmissable. Gunships used to have hitscan cannons until they were changed to projectiles for this reason.