/care
22%
suck
50%

Total votes: 18

taries

Re: Bug Report Topic

Post by taries » Wed 01 May , 2013 8:09 pm

xOdiumNostrumx wrote: Maybe the main problem is that you have to start from the beginning. It would be probably more friendly towards regular players if inv levels would be somehow transfered to this new game type.
And thats the most evil thing on RPG that you dont wanna leave your high lvl account and try something new .=

xOdiumNostrumx

Post by xOdiumNostrumx » Thu 02 May , 2013 11:38 am

For me personally of course not, but maybe thats how you could lure people to give it a chance. I could imagine people would be intrigued when they could experiment with stat points/abilities right at the beginning.

luke

Post by luke » Fri 03 May , 2013 10:42 am

I can understand the need to nerf railgun and acid gun, but this has come too far... The weapons spawns messed up, all of this just makes it harder to play, especially vs. the ever-op boss of wave 2, with a consequent lose of interest by everyone. I haven't seen anyone happy for the latest changes.

The most important issues of the server WERE NOT the acid\railgun spam, but the constant bugs that affected the gametype.

Spec bug - you are resurrected but keep "spectating" and following a teammate; result: waste of 100 adren and some time to kill the boss.
Double-res bug - you are resurrected by two players at the same time;
No weapons - you start with all your weapons but can't fire, you msut throw one to be able to use the others;
Enhanced No weapons - you start with all your weapons (shown in hud) but can't fire, and throwing one doesn't solve anything;
Weapon maker fail - you switch to a weapon and enchant it, it enchants the last used weapon, but this may be due to a rapid switch\enchant;
Artifact Lose - you lose all your artifacts if you sadly press right mouse carrying a deployable weapon;

Also, other issues:
1. Reduce to 1 life who joins after the start of the wave. Why?
2. Wave 2 boss, it teleports way to frequently and is too much powerful for low number of players. Come on, can't you really adjust its strength basing on number of players and level of them?
3. Why to place so many HAMR if then their ammo doesn't increase with resupply? Why to allow the spawn of all other ammos?
4. You enjoyed playing with the replace weapons mutator or feature, i don't know what's it. Now on certain maps, like osiris2, you don't find any sniper rifle, assault rifle or shotgun.
5. The abilities are messed up. People should be able to choose between three ways: defensive, offensive, balanced. And the buyable abilities should follow this way. As they are now, they doesn't make much sense, they are mixed.
6. Invulnerability is becoming way too used than needed. Is this different from vorpal acid spam?

Why to focus on the weapons spam when it wasn't the most important issue, calypto\azarael? Of course it needed fixing, but i'm sure there are better ways to do it (theoretically).

The time you have is limited, obviously you have other things to do in life. But please, consider to try to fix the more important issues before making so big changes... Now the gametype is completely f***d up, you must buy some sets of weapons things that is not easy to do, especially for low level players. They will not play anymore, they get killed too easily. I'm level 80 and its hard for me too, above level 100 there are just 3-4 players, consider also this.

I hope you will consider to revert it back, and will try to find a better way to achieve your aims, it seems that this one doesn't work at all. I'm the only one to write it, but i'm not the only one to complain :)

Thanks for the attention

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Fri 03 May , 2013 4:55 pm

I haven't had a hand in the Invasion server for weeks, so better not to address me.

luke

Post by luke » Fri 03 May , 2013 5:09 pm

"Better not to address me"

There isn't any need to threat, i didn't know that. Odium said that the actual situation of the weapons was unintentional, i wish i knew what happened.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Fri 03 May , 2013 5:14 pm

'Better not to' is different to 'you better not'

(=

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Fri 03 May , 2013 5:41 pm

Indeed, "You had better not" versus "[it would be a] better [situation if you were] not to address me" which merely implies inaccuracy.

ApeX

Post by ApeX » Sat 04 May , 2013 9:16 am

I Personally like EHW mod now, BW is no fun to me anymore but the fact is only few people vote EHW and if so then at wave 2 that hell hunter kills us all.. A little decrease of health in hell hunter pls in order for us to survive :mrgreen:

Nuclearbass

Post by Nuclearbass » Sat 04 May , 2013 8:08 pm

I agreed on what Luke said :
Weapon spawn messes up the entire game.
Weapon's slot is no more where is have to be (like hamr spawning at bio instead of...smg?)
Ammos still have a rotation though.
I'm not having fun anymore when i have to deal with weapons that i don't wanna on the map.

Is it really not intentionnal ?

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Sat 04 May , 2013 9:16 pm

Nuclearbass wrote: Is it really not intentionnal ?
Obviously it isn't.