I only want OLDZ
35%

Total votes: 26

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Re: Megafun

Post by iZumo » Mon 03 Mar , 2014 2:03 am

> Checks the logs.
> Counts 16 OLDZ games on Sunday (with 14+ players)
> Counts at least 8 Megafun RACE games on Sunday (with 14+ players)
> Checks the Saturday to see it had even moar OLDZ games.

kiddingme

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Mon 03 Mar , 2014 2:10 am

OLDZ is harmless because it happens once a month for two days.

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Mon 03 Mar , 2014 6:44 am

Well some say stats don't lie but to me.. There is a clear sign that no one wants oldz weekend. For the times I played there was nothing but chain voting to do anything and everything to prevent oldz map being voted. If anything I would recommend changing out the playlist of race to only have maps that take use of megafun and give oldz a voting of at least 1. I think atm its .6.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 03 Mar , 2014 10:56 am

I think it's quite the opposite.

A lot of people want to play OLDZ but are blocked by RACE votes. OLDZ is frequently 0.4 or 0.8 so it's very difficult to win the vote.

We need a slight change to the system and I feel it would work better for everyone - currently, some people vote OLDZ-Assault and some vote OLDZ-RacingAssault, I feel these two have different audiences so shouldn't be both paired under the same OLDZ menu. It just means you have split votes with both sides suffering the 0.4 penalty.

If there was two subcategories instead of one (OLDZ-Racing and OLDZ-Assault) then the voting would be more reflective of what people actually want to play. Both of those categories would need separate vote weights, so if you played three games of OLDZ-Assault, you could then vote OLDZ-Racing with 1.00.

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Mon 03 Mar , 2014 12:48 pm

I agree that lots of people do want to play OLDZ for the time being (you can't argue against the fact that we always get above average player counts on these weekends, and a lesser number of people seem to rage-quit during Blazing, probably because there's something new to play afterwards). I'll say more about OLDZ next paragraph. However, we did seem to play very few MEGAFUN maps yesterday and played an equal number of RACE maps containing standard vehicles (discounting Ascend and Blazing). I think this is probably just plain ignorance - either half the player count are still not aware that Atlas and Leveler vehicles are not modified, or they use these maps as a sort of respite; chain MEGAFUN voting can become tedious, but I still think the latter applies more so.

Noobs and their Noobishness.

Regarding OLDZ, I agree with the sentiment preached in TS last night: 'all OLDZ maps are shit'. The only reason I managed to get through nearly 3,000 maps was because I played for the community, not for the maps. Most were not fun for loners. Back in the day if someone rage-quit (and this happened every minute), there was always someone ready to step in. This is no longer the case. Thus I have a feeling that, given six months or a year down the line, OLDZ will become obsolete. I don't think changing the system to incorporate OLDZ-Assault and OLDZ-RacingAssault will change this.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Post by bOnO » Mon 03 Mar , 2014 2:59 pm

Hmmmm maybe we should make a poll on the server? And should the votes be leveled with regular RACE? Because as it was said, 0.4 or 0.6 will never win... I know some people like it, but what proportion of the server do they represent, I have no idea.

Also the idea of OLDZ was to add unfixed maps more plagued by glitches than heavy spawnkill like on Wormhole... Brrr I'll never play this again omg
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 03 Mar , 2014 3:17 pm

The poll on the server is the voting system, in honesty.

You wouldn't make a poll on the forum, where one option has 1 vote per user and another has 0.4 per user. It should be even.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Mon 03 Mar , 2014 3:29 pm

I believe that if the OLDZ vote were 1.0, it would rarely lose.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 03 Mar , 2014 4:02 pm

Azarael wrote:I believe that if the OLDZ vote were 1.0, it would rarely lose.
Then is that not representative alone that people want OLDZ and it should not be handicapped?

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Mon 03 Mar , 2014 4:31 pm

I guess the current setup is a compromise, because people want OLDZ, but it's also recognised that OLDZ maps suck.