UnWheel

Discuss the mod server here.
iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Re: UnWheel

Post by iZumo » Tue 19 Nov , 2013 12:12 am

No, just add it to AS / RACE as custom gametype.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Tue 19 Nov , 2013 12:17 am

I meant offline, when you're testing UnWheel.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 19 Nov , 2013 1:51 am

Unwheel made server 1 go from empty to almost full in 15 minutes, and this was past 'peak hours'

It seems well received, need those other vehicles now

:)

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Tue 19 Nov , 2013 2:34 am

Azarael wrote:I meant offline, when you're testing UnWheel.
Oh, nope. I added it to ut2004 as a normal mod.

Charybdis

Post by Charybdis » Tue 19 Nov , 2013 3:31 am

Hi all,

I've been playing on the assault server for a little while now, and I've been having a great time. Today, an UnWheel map was being played, and I was excited to see this revived online. I had never before played with other live people, only offline.

Anyway, awesome work on getting this going. I used to write UT mods for the Rosebum invasion server and participated in the Make Something Unreal contest (and won something!). I contacted Azarael via PM to see if I could possibly help with something during my (little) spare time.

When I first joined, I also got the mismatch errors, probably because I had installed the mod before (but not the TC). Obviously I knew what was causing the issue, but I'm worried other players might not know how to work around this. One possible solution would be to compile into something with a slightly different .u name so there's no conflict.

The other issue, which Azareal helped me fix was the white screen on boost problem. He showed me where to fix this, but if it could be fixed by default it'd help new players (is this an issue only on installs using OpenGL? I'm on OSX at the moment).

Anyway, I'm excited about the potential for this.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Tue 19 Nov , 2013 3:38 am

The package names were kept because of the low likelihood of players having UnWheel pathed into their main UT2004 installation and because the maps depend upon the package.

At the moment the main problem is setting up the parameters for the remaining vehicles, but thinking upon it, I doubt it's anything anyone else can help with (beyond explaining how specific vehicles should handle) because some packages kept serverside are required to run the LDG version of UnWheel.

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Tue 19 Nov , 2013 3:49 am

The packages can be renamed, but since there is a map dependency, maps would have to be updated too, which is quite an annoyance.

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Tue 19 Nov , 2013 4:09 am

btw. what about using stunt points for giving fast jump / air control as a bonus (like KS on BW), with either limited amount of jumps or timer on air control?

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Tue 19 Nov , 2013 4:19 am

Main problem is that SPs are an analogue of the Daredevil achievement. There's no real skill.

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Tue 19 Nov , 2013 4:22 am

Not entirely, a badly taken jump (where it's optional) will slow you down. The problem would more likely be once you'd get air control, this wouldn't happen anymore, because every taken jump would be a good one.

Oh, and I meant just for jumping, not any kind of spinning etc. (farming aircontrol).