Need help with Other.IsA and touchingactors

You need help? It's here!
LegendaryAgent

Need help with Other.IsA and touchingactors

Post by LegendaryAgent » Wed 02 Nov , 2011 4:54 pm

Hey as usual, now im having some weird problems in detecting a collision with a specific type of actor :S
im trying to detect in the untouch event if this actor collides with 1 other instance of itself, i need this so if these 2 actors are currently inside each other and a player gets into one and travels to the next one, i want to stop the untouch event from executing, ive searched around and what i could find to be the correct check for this is TouchingActors and Actor.IsA, however i cant get not even the most simple Actor.Isa to work properly:

Code: Select all

simulated event UnTouch(Actor Other)
{
if (Other.IsA(class'DreamsHealingBurstRadius1A'))
return;
}
That results in a myssmatch error in parameter 1, whatever that means... dreamshealingburstradius1a is an extension from Actor so i dont understand how this could be a missmatch at all...

Also, is there a good tutorial for TouchingActors function? i didnt find any proper explanation about this, i want to use it to know if the pawn that is untouching this DreamsHealingBurstRadius1A, is still in the touching event of another instance of DreamsHealingBurstRadius1A so i wont execute a code.