M58 Smoke Grenade

Discuss the Ballistic Weapons servers here.
taries

M58 Smoke Grenade

Post by taries » Tue 03 Jan , 2012 8:36 pm

Hi i have an idea how change M58 smoke nade to be more used because i never seen ppl use that nade so its uselles coz all it do is smoke wich i dont think is very effectivne in battles.
My idea is make a disorientation effect wich will make player vision blurry like when you swim under water on LDG AS server.
This effect will last for 5 seconds after contact with smoke. I think this made nade more used in game :-)

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Re: M58 Smoke Grenade

Post by iZumo » Tue 03 Jan , 2012 8:43 pm

Blur effect has been removed from underwater view on Assault server as it is buggy on some clients (they see white screen).

Socio

Post by Socio » Tue 03 Jan , 2012 9:30 pm

Smoke nades are generaly useless in fast action FPS games or even in the more realistic ones. Dont know if there is one, but a flashbang grenade would make much more use~
> team-spec*Socio: i see a new rais map
> team-spec*Socio: curious if ikea
> H&some: its not
> H&some: its actually pretty good

giZmo
Hogwarts Professor

Post by giZmo » Tue 03 Jan , 2012 11:55 pm

Possible to make gas grenades only work for the enemy ? Means you/your team can look through the cloak but your opponent can´t.....that would possible raise the using of the M58.
"We never truly know how to appreciate something until we have lost it forever."

Mecha
V.I.P. Member

Post by Mecha » Wed 04 Jan , 2012 12:54 am

Of course smoke grenades aren't useful on (Team) Deathmatch gamemode. On Freon however, they aren't useless at all. Using them on certain situations give you a great bonus, just know how to.

I assume it is quite underused because it doesn't make any damage and most of the people are trying to get quick scores or such - maybe that's why T10 Toxin Grenade is used on every match.

oh and Socio, flashbangs exist on BW :)
↑ ↓ A A B ← → A B ↑ A ↓ → → ← B ↑ ← A → B ← → A ← ↑ A ↓ A → ← B Select

I did it. Can you?

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Wed 04 Jan , 2012 12:56 am

giZmo wrote:Possible to make gas grenades only work for the enemy ? Means you/your team can look through the cloak but your opponent can´t.....that would possible raise the using of the M58.
That's functioning pretty much as flashbang.

giZmo
Hogwarts Professor

Post by giZmo » Wed 04 Jan , 2012 1:39 am

Nope a flashbang lasts about 2-3 seconds the smoke disappears after 10....
"We never truly know how to appreciate something until we have lost it forever."

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Wed 04 Jan , 2012 2:32 am

OR Raise smoke grenade count to 4.

taries

Post by taries » Wed 04 Jan , 2012 4:29 pm

Mecha wrote:I assume it is quite underused because it doesn't make any damage and most of the people are trying to get quick scores or such - maybe that's why T10 Toxin Grenade is used on every match.
I prefer use T10 nade too coz it's very effective to block way with the green toxic smoke so enemey can't go closer or he die.
I don't think rise nade count to 4 will help it will be still just smoke wich dont have any special effect. The disorienting nade will make the enemy slower moving and his sight will be blurr so his shots will be inaccurate. If you played SWAT 4 there is gas nade wich have the effect i want for this nade just the coughing will be litle strange in game :D

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 09 Jan , 2012 12:33 pm

Perhaps the smoke grenade can have some added effect, such as;

-Standing in enemy smoke makes you take double damage.
Would add strategy back to it, while adding reward. You could throw this into a cluster of enemies, hindering their vision and also making them take massive damage if they don't take cover.

Just an example, but the smoke definitely could use something to make it more exciting. Right now it seems to be heal grenades or toxic grenades, nothing else seems to get used.