Racism ultimatum

Discuss matters related to LDG or UT2004 which aren't specific to any server.
raicoon

Re: Racism ultimatum

Post by raicoon » Thu 16 Feb , 2012 1:47 pm

german, english, czech, russian, french, switz, pol and maybe some really seldom times italian are the nearly only speaken
languages here,
also because this is a north european server and many ppl might have conection problems if they try to join from arabien
(haha?) ,
and i myself can speak 5 languages, and if we take admins like me (not that i want to be one) , I could speak german, english, switz, french and if a turkish one is there (what i disbelieve) i could also speak turkish, so the 4 most important languages would be cancelled from TO SPEAK LIST.

So i think that isnt a reallyyyyyyyy big problem The nicam

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Thu 16 Feb , 2012 2:05 pm

The server is not a chatroom and 95% of the playerbase speaks English anyway. The servers do not need more admins, I think the team there already is more than adequate.

Mountains out of molehills.

giZmo
Hogwarts Professor

Post by giZmo » Thu 16 Feb , 2012 2:08 pm

Deathblade wrote:Ok, it appears we cant found any real solution to this.
Well, lets choose a Russian moderator or watcher and allow russian, it will solve all the problem. No?
Next week two chinese player want to speak their language too so we make them mods and allow chinese ? EASY !

Allow english only like standart on most gameservers...no more mods or admins needed and no more tears about other allowed languages. Post a BIG FAT "New rule -> english chat only" after joining the server. Let them get used to it for a month with just remaining them to the new rule and after that get back to normal punishment.
"We never truly know how to appreciate something until we have lost it forever."

raicoon

Post by raicoon » Thu 16 Feb , 2012 2:56 pm

I want to say that atm we have nice admins, if we pick an admin for every shit language we cannot trust em really
So, if a player, who is trustfull, can handle UED, can speak english.... and is already playing long time , and maybe speaks russian
and! he get admin rights, then i think russian will be allowed too

giZmo
Hogwarts Professor

Post by giZmo » Thu 16 Feb , 2012 3:14 pm

raicoon wrote:So, if a player, who is trustfull, can handle UED, can speak english.... and is already playing long time , and maybe speaks russian
and! he get admin rights, then i think russian will be allowed too
Azarael wrote: English: understood by all
French: mandated by server owners, understood by DB, NICAM, bono, myself to a limit
German: understood by Takeo, myself to a limit, Izumo, NICAM, giZmo
Polish: understood by Socio (too few)
Czech: understood by Izumo (too few)
Russian: understood by noone.
Atm we have at least three admins for each allowed language cause no admin can watch the servers 24/7.....would mean we need another 3 for watching russian. Even if you assing only mods maybe you find 3 trustable for the AS but whats with the two bw´s ? You know 3 potential mods for the AS who also play on the bw´s ? Or do we need another three russian speaking mods for the bw then ?
"We never truly know how to appreciate something until we have lost it forever."

Socio
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Socio » Thu 16 Feb , 2012 3:42 pm

I would also be after unifying the servers language to english and english only. Just like we have here on the forums, everyone reads in english and everyone understands english (didnt count the french forum since its used once in a blue moon and when it is used it has no impact on the server majority). If someone would want to chat in other language he could use Xfire or any other communicator. It would remove the problem of some people feeling discriminated by that this, this and this language is allowed but their native isnt.

Also on a side note, we can use the Sentinel bot to be usefull for once and set some keywords to display some basic rules. Like say "lang" and Sentinel replies "Please chat only in English/French. Thank you."
> team-spec*Socio: i see a new rais map
> team-spec*Socio: curious if ikea
> H&some: its not
> H&some: its actually pretty good

giZmo
Hogwarts Professor

Post by giZmo » Thu 16 Feb , 2012 3:48 pm

/Ironie on

French ? Sorry Socio but i feel myself suppressed cause i dont speak french.....

/Irony off

PALADIN
Banned

Post by PALADIN » Thu 16 Feb , 2012 4:02 pm

Hint: looks like our smartie trolls do not even understand any difference between ingame moderator and administrator :roll:
bOnO: Calypto, and you plan to correct all the phrases of everybody? We are not all English pros you know...
PALADIN: Aza, please continue correcting my phrases, thank you for that teaching.

raicoon

Post by raicoon » Thu 16 Feb , 2012 4:21 pm

PALADIN wrote:Hint: looks like our smartie trolls do not even understand any difference between ingame moderator and administrator :roll:
u neednt try to make everyone down by watching out for shit-happens failurs and diss after

But gizmo is right with that 3 admins..... I would say that english should be the only language here then, because
some 11 year old kids playing here and speaking in their language, and dont understand the rulez because they cannot damn speak the damn language english.... i mean seriously thats annoying if someone is doing shit , no admin is ingame and he dont understand english

Fravec

Post by Fravec » Thu 16 Feb , 2012 5:20 pm

In my opinion is it as best as it can be at the moment. Most guys speak english (some just bad english like me, and some good english), but many germans can't speak it. Not 'cause they're 10 years old. I'm 15 and can create some sentences (like you maybe see). So it was good to enable german as 3rd language.
My experience with french is that they often don't understand english (Don't think I am a racist!!), so it's good that it's enabled too.
But russian? I don't know how many russians "we" have. And how much of them can't speak english. I also don't know how many of them WANT/NEED that russian gets enabled.

And there is the problem that everybody want to get enabled his language... only way to stop that would be "Mute 'em all!", but then you can't plan tactics and so on. So why not stop this discussion?

I don't dislike this idea with enabling all languages. But think of the admins. They can't translate everything. (There are always some guys who talk about glitches and insult other people)