Dragonfly detected

Discuss the Race / Assault server here.
PALADIN
Banned

Dragonfly detected

Post by PALADIN » Fri 24 Feb , 2012 10:27 am

Idea: add a radar to vehicles that will detect dragonfly.

Realization simplicity: Just take the Invasion radar (or SkyRace ballturrets), set it to be displayed in vehicles only (and by a boolean setting in factory for mappers to use only on the maps with dragonfly) and to detect Dragonfly class. Half an hour of lazy work.

Fans, you promised in game to support, so do it or nothing will be done as usual here.
bOnO: Calypto, and you plan to correct all the phrases of everybody? We are not all English pros you know...
PALADIN: Aza, please continue correcting my phrases, thank you for that teaching.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Re: Dragonfly detected

Post by iRobot » Fri 24 Feb , 2012 2:23 pm

PALADIN wrote:so do it or nothing will be done as usual here.
You seem to never be happy, and don't appreciate the work that they do for free here.

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Fri 24 Feb , 2012 2:58 pm

PALADIN wrote:Idea: add a radar to vehicles that will detect dragonfly.

Realization simplicity: Just take the Invasion radar (or SkyRace ballturrets), set it to be displayed in vehicles only (and by a boolean setting in factory for mappers to use only on the maps with dragonfly) and to detect Dragonfly class. Half an hour of lazy work.

Fans, you promised in game to support, so do it or nothing will be done as usual here.
It's driver's duty to check for the bomber. And to get things sorted: *I am not a service to be whistled*, so if there is consensus to implement a dragonfly detector, you will end up doing it yourself, because I have other things to do as well.

PALADIN
Banned

Post by PALADIN » Fri 24 Feb , 2012 3:23 pm

Robot troll: you are not allowed to talk that way to me. At least because some time ago I made for this server more by one month than few of current admins by all the time. And sure you did nothing comparing to that guys too. While I have never even required any noting enywhere about all that. So thats not your business, stop appearing in every thread with your useless comments and generally shut the fuck up.
PS: And I cant be happy here while most of the players are not too (captain noting: dragonfly is 90% haten).

Izumo lazyman: Driver cant view all around at least because when you trying to look the sky you are viewing your cars bottom. Your captain.
Do you really want me to edit your code? I can do it np cause people online asked for that yesterday and I can do anything for the community. But whats with your authorities fapping, huh?
PS: And btw, you are actually for that and because of that here: to program for the community. If you still didnt know.

Edit: From the other side, you are right. No need to intercept it with NV at all (nevertheless it hardens the process). Ok, Ill do that thing if players will support that here too but not only when dragonfly bombing them :twisted:
bOnO: Calypto, and you plan to correct all the phrases of everybody? We are not all English pros you know...
PALADIN: Aza, please continue correcting my phrases, thank you for that teaching.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Fri 24 Feb , 2012 4:07 pm

PALADIN wrote:Robot troll: you are not allowed to talk that way to me. At least because some time ago I made for this server more by one month than few of current admins by all the time. And sure you did nothing comparing to that guys too. While I have never even required any noting enywhere about all that. So thats not your business, stop appearing in every thread with your useless comments and generally shut the fuck up.
PS: And I cant be happy here while most of the players are not too (captain noting: dragonfly is 90% haten). of that here: to program for the community. If you still didnt know.
Lets see..

You threaten the server with closure, consistently flaunt the rules with your language disregards, regularly throw a tantrum and switch to the winning team, and countless other misdemeanours, and then to top all that, you come to the forums and say that the admins don't do anything towards the server ever.

Some added irony is that you have a grand mega-page thread in which you act as judge and jury and fish for bans for other people for even minor rulebreaks.

You're the troll here son. Get with the program. I find it laughable you seem to disrespect everyone and everything yet still place yourself above everyone else on some invisible podium as if you are gods gift to the community.

Laughable is the word.

Besides, a massive portion of the server dislike vanilla assault, should we remove this? Yes, notice how I say massive portion and don't pull a percentage out of my ass. Dragonflies are actually pretty popular as proven by the number of people who show an interest in flying one and getting the opportunity to learn it.

KHFan5

Post by KHFan5 » Fri 24 Feb , 2012 4:44 pm

PALADIN wrote:PS: And I cant be happy here while most of the players are not too (captain noting: dragonfly is 90% haten).
Okay, usually I'm content with watching these kind of things and not interjecting, but that really caught my eye. What gives you the authority to say that? Did you take a poll or even ask the hundreds of people that daily play what they thought? Sure, their servers and forum might not be perfect, but you don't have the right to speak for people like me and say what you think we feel. As an observer, I constantly see you complaining about EVERYTHING. Well your life must be pretty depressing if you only are able to see the worst of everything. In my opinion this is the most organized group I've seen that owns multiple FREE servers and maintains them as fair as possible. Stop speaking for others and speak for yourself.
Kingdom Hearts For the Win!

- Derp
KHFan5 wrote:Play as if I'm not a noob and I promise I won't be one for long.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Fri 24 Feb , 2012 5:54 pm

Yes, I'd just like to take some time to reinforce some points about the admin staff. We aren't directly answerable to you or anyone else individually - you don't pay us and according to Deathblade in your previous thread, nobody has even bothered to donate so far. What we do, we do because we want to do it, for whatever reasons we may have. Insulting admins because they won't do something is a great way to ensure that your chances of it ever getting done plummet to zero.

There are three obligations the admin staff have: To keep the server running, maintain the playerbase and respect the will of the server owners. Nobody is obligated to "program for the community", that's a personal choice.

As a personal note, you should be thankful that someone of Izumo's skill has deigned for whatever reason to put work into this server for nothing. The negative impact of things like Quantum and EMP is dramatically offset by the improvements to the game and the server's security he's brought. He might as well have a red name at this point, and you should show more respect.

I think it may be time to start actually moderating this forum. One of the laws of moderating is "The smaller the userbase, the less stringent the moderating" but things are falling apart a bit lately.

Now, more onto the topic: I don't oppose a dragonfly detector. If you want to add one, feel free to do so.

Deathblade
System Administrator

Post by Deathblade » Fri 24 Feb , 2012 8:24 pm

About this dragonfly, it's possible to make the access to this vehicle more easy ? (I can't take it anymore in e.g. Stadium)
The LDG admin !

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Fri 24 Feb , 2012 8:59 pm

Deathblade wrote:About this dragonfly, it's possible to make the access to this vehicle more easy ? (I can't take it anymore in e.g. Stadium)
In stadium race there is a simple trial for the dragonfly; so people can learn on it how to control the dragonfly and those who are able to fly it well can get the dragonfly in the actual map and bomb the drivers (there is a teleporter at the end of the valley).

PALADIN
Banned

Post by PALADIN » Fri 24 Feb , 2012 10:27 pm

Since when this is a trial server?