Ban Reason

If you feel a ban has been made in error, appeal it here.
Nitrooox

Ban Reason

Post by Nitrooox » Fri 24 Feb , 2012 7:19 pm

Good Afternoon!

I have come here to understand the reason of my ban, I had just joined a game and after a while gizmo says he is going to ban me, the map changes and I get banned.
Now I don't see the reason for that, I don't know gizmo very well but till now he always seemed a nice person and a really pro player but after this situation I can't possible understand the reason why he did that.
I had read the rules before joining this server and I don't think I have broke any of them, and from what I see they haven't changed.

My problem is not the ban itself but the reason for it, cause if I did something wrong then sure I agree I should be banned but the thing is I don't feel like I'm the one transgressing. I thought this server was a fair one, and admins don't ban just cause they want to or it's fun. I thought there was "justice" but this gave me the wrong impression after all, if we get banned like this for no apparent reason then I had the wrong idea about this server.
Anyway I just created an account here to express my opinion, and I know I'm not very known among here so probably if I was this wouldn't have happened.

According to Azarael's post we need to include our GUID in this thread but to be honest I have no idea what that is... <_< So I guess now I will really be breaking a rule by not posting it here. I know I'm a noob in this kind of stuff but no one is born with all the knowledge.
Although I have this Unique ID number in there (which is UID?):
32AF618F-3BA1EF82-64F8DEEF-ED08553C

My IP address: 93.108.141.89

Well I think that is all. Thanks for your time and no hard feelings although I would really like to know why...

PALADIN
Banned

Re: Ban Reason

Post by PALADIN » Fri 24 Feb , 2012 7:24 pm

I wonder how gismo can detect glitching if he almost never joins the server to spectate players (as Socio actually does) but sitting in the webadmin textboard.
bOnO: Calypto, and you plan to correct all the phrases of everybody? We are not all English pros you know...
PALADIN: Aza, please continue correcting my phrases, thank you for that teaching.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Fri 24 Feb , 2012 7:30 pm

We don't ban for nothing, but I'm going to have to wait until giZmo posts here before we can proceed with this. The ban log says "Glitching" which includes both normal glitching and use of the A49 to exit the intended play area of the maps.

PALADIN
Banned

Post by PALADIN » Fri 24 Feb , 2012 7:32 pm

Didnt know its not only "normal glitching".
What is A49?

PS: Pls talk for yourself only about "nothing" etc.
bOnO: Calypto, and you plan to correct all the phrases of everybody? We are not all English pros you know...
PALADIN: Aza, please continue correcting my phrases, thank you for that teaching.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Fri 24 Feb , 2012 7:50 pm

I speak for the rest of the admin staff as well, because nobody on the staff bans for nothing.

The A49 is a weapon whose altfire can provide jump boosts. Players have recently been using this boost to leave the map and kill players by travelling under terrain.

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Post by bOnO » Fri 24 Feb , 2012 7:50 pm

Hello Nitrooox and thanks for posting. We have no problems with you asking why you are banned, that's why this thread exists. I think Aza is right and it's probably because of the A49 trick (but wait Gizmo's reply). And no problem with the GUID, it's to help us to find faster your ban entry in the database and it's not strictly a rule.

@Paladin: it's a glitch which occured on the BW server, and I'm not sure you visit it that often to know what Gizmo does there. So stop criticizing things you don't know about.
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

giZmo
Hogwarts Professor

Post by giZmo » Fri 24 Feb , 2012 8:09 pm

PALADIN wrote:I wonder how gismo can detect glitching if he almost never joins the server to spectate players (as Socio actually does) but sitting in the webadmin textboard.
I have Webadmin running on a secondary monitor so i always see BW´s and the AS console. In that case i saw Calypto posting a "Get down there" on DM-Hellsgate (well known for glitching) which made me join the server and look after the problem. As supposed 5 players were hopping like always around on the roofs using the A49 like always except Nitrooox. He was also jumping around but also hiding for healing behind a roof definitely outside the normal playarea several times. Calypto warned you before to get down there and that´s not allowed....

Based on the fact that the A49 should allready be nerfd (It is now) and you actually shouldn´t be able to use it that way anymore i´ll reduce the ban to 1 day.
"We never truly know how to appreciate something until we have lost it forever."

Nitrooox

Post by Nitrooox » Fri 24 Feb , 2012 8:18 pm

Hum the reason is glitching, when I started writing the thread, my ban hadn't been posted yet so I didn't see it just to clear that out.
Ok so glitching... from what I understand and correct me if I'm wrong, it's when a player uses a game error to it's own benefit. I don't think I have found any game error that I have exploited and besides when I do find an error it's when I get stuck in some place (kinda annoying but rare) which is not beneficial at all.
So I would like to know if you guys had a different meaning of glitching.

I must say that I like to explore maps (it's always a strategical advantage to know shortcuts and alternate routes to flank your opponent ok this is just a game but those details make it more fun to play). The map I was playing (FromHell) has a lot of roofs and I was walking in them yes they are not so easy accessible but I assure you I never used any weapon or glitch to access those areas I can even show you how.
Although I did saw someone else in my team using a weapon (presumably A49) to reach those same areas and there was another guy in there too. I'm not gonna point fingers who was it but after I was banned I could still see in the server list players online and they were still playing, they were not banned like me, and I don't see any ban post in here also for them. So now my doubts changed if the rules only apply for some and others are immune?

So according to my understanding I was banned for reaching high spots that I shouldn't be and I did that all by my jumping skills which didn't involve any glitch or weapon and another player that I saw (it was from my team so I could see his camera when I was dead) who used a weapon to reach an high place was not banned.

Besides it's not the first time I see players using a weapon to reach high places, I didn't even know the weapon till you told me now Azarael and that would annoy me a lot because I couldn't reach them making it harder to play the game and that was one of the main reasons that I wanted to explore the maps to know an alternate route to get there.

Just to clarify any doubts I can show you that I need no weapon to everyplace I go, for example in blackhawk I loved when I found out that I could walk on the power lines and palmtrees it's much easier to access certain roofs and I did all that by jumping skills and since u can walk in them it's a feature of the map, they could have been invisible but no they weren't so I assume it's really to help us move around the map (although we get more exposed) anyway I'm getting technical, my point is I don't think I have broke any rule, I just explored the map.
But if that's a problem then fine I can stop it, but if gizmo thought I used any sort of weapon to go where I was, I didn't and I can prove it.

Sorry for the long post but I really like to understand how things work and btw I'm not a native english speaker so sorry if I didn't express myself very well.

Just wondering now if that was it the reason, and if it was ok fine I accept my ban, but also wondering why the rules only applied to me and not the others.

giZmo
Hogwarts Professor

Post by giZmo » Fri 24 Feb , 2012 8:30 pm

I know that weapon brings a lot of trouble for me and for the players cause of the thin line between whats allowed and what not. Hopefully the nerf (apllied after next serverrestart) will make the situation better and easier for you and for me.

Ban will be lifted tomorrow because of the to late nerf.
"We never truly know how to appreciate something until we have lost it forever."

Nitrooox

Post by Nitrooox » Fri 24 Feb , 2012 8:58 pm

giZmo wrote:I have Webadmin running on a secondary monitor so i always see BW´s and the AS console. In that case i saw Calypto posting a "Get down there" on DM-Hellsgate (well known for glitching) which made me join the server and look after the problem. As supposed 5 players were hopping like always around on the roofs using the A49 like always except Nitrooox. He was also jumping around but also hiding for healing behind a roof definitely outside the normal playarea several times. Calypto warned you before to get down there and that´s not allowed....

Based on the fact that the A49 should allready be nerfd (It is now) and you actually shouldn´t be able to use it that way anymore i´ll reduce the ban to 1 day.
Just to clarify what you said there, I never used that weapon to reach any place, I didn't even knew what weapon it was until you guys told me. I had only seen other players using it. So if you are banning me cause of using that, I repeat I never used that weapon, like I said before everywhere that I go it was by jumping skills.
But ok from what I understand the place where I was, it's not allowed to be in there even if any player can reach it by not jumping a Weapon.

"In that case i saw Calypto posting a "Get down there" on DM-Hellsgate"
I had just joined the map (FromHell not Hellsgate) and to be honest I didn't see any message, it's possible I may have overlooked when we are playing we are not always reading everything that is written, but I also joined during the middle of the game so he may had written it before.

Anyway ok I understand now the reason but you have to admit it's unfair I being the only one banned without using the A49 while the others used that weapon and weren't.