7%
Unarmed
41%

Total votes: 29

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Re: Poll on Unarmed racing

Post by iZumo » Sun 26 Feb , 2012 8:27 pm

Takeo wrote:I had this discussion going on in my mind already for a few days and came to following solution:
Case armed: repair points (team-based) where you can heal up your scorp (but you don't have a linkgun!)

Case unarmed: randomly activating traps all over the map (maybe some of them with triggering). These shall make the map more based on accidental winning and allow people who failed at first to catch up again.
Examples:
- EMP bombs exploding unpredictably, regular EMP function.
- fall-doors on trigger.
- Explosions
- knock backs or catapults (throwing you up in the air)

Personally I'd like to test out the idea with the unarmed version and see how it goes.
Sorry, but randomness is just annoying: traps are fine, but should not be random at all. Whether it should be EMP mines or other things doesn't matter.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Sun 26 Feb , 2012 8:38 pm

Race without guns is like sandwiches without butter.

You can still tell what it is, but something will be missing and it won't taste as good.

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Sun 26 Feb , 2012 8:39 pm

iRobot wrote:Race without guns is like sandwiches without butter.

You can still tell what it is, but something will be missing and it won't taste as good.
I fully agree with that (unarmed race = bollocks). It's just the randmoness I disagree with.

Deathblade
System Administrator

Post by Deathblade » Sun 26 Feb , 2012 11:21 pm

Armed...
The LDG admin !

BOfH
V.I.P. Member

Post by BOfH » Mon 27 Feb , 2012 12:12 am

Armed of course.

Armed race comprises the core of the excitement in UT racing. The blend of driving, combat and evasion while maintaining situational awareness and taking maximum advantage of the vehicle special functions such as the nitro boosting and shielding is unique among contemporary games.

These factors combined are what differentiate UT's racing from that of the more boring "traditional" racing games. The current number of unarmed racing maps is acceptable, but please don't create any more unarmed versions.

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Post by bOnO » Mon 27 Feb , 2012 12:43 am

I've voted unarmed to balance the things. I'm not against armed race but on some maps which require patience, precision and timing (aztec, blazing, even derby) it's too frustrating to be killed when you have to wait for a platform to come, or the good moment to avoid a mover.
So I'm quite satisfied with the current situation, both armed and unarmed versions for the maps which are more difficult to handle with noobs shooting you without knowing what they're doing and what they have to do.
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

PALADIN
Banned

Post by PALADIN » Mon 27 Feb , 2012 12:32 pm

Voted "DontCare" because I vote Derby for the DM room ^^
Btw, somebody promised me to replace one of the Derbys's DM room with DM-Campgrounds (we dont need two Deck17).
bOnO: Calypto, and you plan to correct all the phrases of everybody? We are not all English pros you know...
PALADIN: Aza, please continue correcting my phrases, thank you for that teaching.

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Mon 27 Feb , 2012 3:52 pm

Mecha wrote:You got my vote for unarmed. "Race" is race, not 'rape-all-pacifists-you-see'.
kid's right

=.

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Tue 28 Feb , 2012 2:54 pm

This poll is not good enough.. there are to many what if's. Unarmed vs armed racing depends a lot on the individual map..

For instance if your where to make hellbender race unarmed.. it would make the map completely pointless.. and a waste of time.

As i see it the maps on the racing server are set up properly no need to change except for a few maps.. can't think of any at the moment but when i do ill edit my post and put them in this spot. But the fact that I can't think of any at the moment kinda means everything is fine and dosent need to be changed..
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Tue 28 Feb , 2012 3:47 pm

This poll specifically pertains to Scorpion maps.