Constructor mode offline

Discuss matters related to LDG or UT2004 which aren't specific to any server.
Asur

Constructor mode offline

Post by Asur » Wed 29 Feb , 2012 1:31 pm

is there a way to play the building mode offline (with bots, lol) ?

I would like to build everything I've in mind in order to not to forget anything, waiting for the server to be online again.

P.S.
Awesone new smiles fuck_yeah

PALADIN
Banned

Re: Constructor mode offline

Post by PALADIN » Wed 29 Feb , 2012 1:41 pm

If you afraid of forgetting something just draw a drafts on a paper.
I collect some AS maps ideas that way till some times I'll will make them at last.
bOnO: Calypto, and you plan to correct all the phrases of everybody? We are not all English pros you know...
PALADIN: Aza, please continue correcting my phrases, thank you for that teaching.

Asur

Post by Asur » Wed 29 Feb , 2012 3:18 pm

Already did a draft, but I suck at drawing. So there's no possibility to play the constructor mode offline?

PALADIN
Banned

Post by PALADIN » Wed 29 Feb , 2012 4:44 pm

It is, you can launch a local server with any mods based on your UT client for personal usage.
bOnO: Calypto, and you plan to correct all the phrases of everybody? We are not all English pros you know...
PALADIN: Aza, please continue correcting my phrases, thank you for that teaching.

Asur

Post by Asur » Wed 29 Feb , 2012 5:58 pm

PALADIN wrote:It is, you can launch a local server with any mods based on your UT client for personal usage.
Erm.. can you tell me how to do this? In details, please, I never did this :oops:

PALADIN
Banned

Post by PALADIN » Wed 29 Feb , 2012 6:09 pm

I can tell about local server while its many online simple manuals.
But I cant tell about Constructor mod setting because I've never used that actually.

You should just wait till some of Constructor relevant admins will join this thread to help you.

Takeo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Takeo » Wed 29 Feb , 2012 8:46 pm

Constructor is not made to be played offline. However, there is a way to do so, but be told that running constructor on your client doesn't mean that you have the correct meshes. You will have only 2 meshes (except if you change the constructeddata.ini in your system folder)
Before you ask: neither am I able to I've you te current meshlist of our server, nor will the list be given out at any time anyways. If you want to add meshes to you personal list, have fun. But I don't think building something on your client without the correct meshes is nonesense.

Long story short: draw your stuff on paper ;)
The server will go online as soon as I have my Internet connection set. The problem is that the provider has to run a cable to my apartment. God knows when the technician will arrive. I will update the server status when the time is ready.

AxonFlux

Post by AxonFlux » Wed 29 Feb , 2012 8:53 pm

Yes, you can play Construction offline.

If you like, you can build on my server in the mean time while you wait for LDG to be brought back.

To play offline, add these files to your system folder
Constructor.u
ConstructedData.ini
ConstConvexMeshes.u

Also add 'constructor' to your serverpackages in your ut2004.ini. Adding your own meshes is a little more in-depth. PM me if you have further questions.
"Men think epilepsy divine, merely because they do not understand it. We will one day understand what causes it, and then cease to call it divine. And so it is with everything in the universe." - Hippocrates (c. 460-377 B.C.E.)

Socio
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Socio » Wed 29 Feb , 2012 10:18 pm

The best constructor to play offline is called UnrealEd.exe fts
> team-spec*Socio: i see a new rais map
> team-spec*Socio: curious if ikea
> H&some: its not
> H&some: its actually pretty good

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator