My defence.

If you feel a ban has been made in error, appeal it here.
Graaulv

My defence.

Post by Graaulv » Sat 10 Mar , 2012 9:31 am

I'm not really going to beg for this ban to be lifted since I can wait the remaining days, I do however want to defend myself, so here goes:

Right before I got banned I voted for a race map since I was then tired of assault maps, and when the Pierons house map won the vote I decided to spectate this one. But then I realized that this was going to take a while (almost an hour), so I decided to play anyway. This resulted in me switching team (which really wasn't my intention at all), and then after a couple of minutes I suddenly got a message saying that I was permanently banned from playing on this server? And I didn't get a reason for the ban as well? I must say that I was a bit confused then, and I didn't understand what on earth I had done wrong.

Now over to the reasons Azarael gives for the ban:

"Teambalancer abuse"

As mentioned above, this was not my intention at all.

"Extended to a level 2 offense (7 day) because of a nice game of Double or Nothing"

Sorry but I don't understand what you mean here, can you please explain?

"Asked him to apologise, he failed to acknowledge me both times so it's a double length ban!"

This was not because I ignored or disrespected you, it was simply because I didn't notice! Have in mind that messages that appears on screen will in most cases only be visible for a couple of seconds, and that reading the chat while playing at the same time isn't an easy task.

May I suggest that voice chat is enabled for moderators (if it's possible), so that they can address players who are doing something wrong directly in case they are not watching the chat? I have played on several servers for other games which does this, and it really works quite well.

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Re: My defence.

Post by iZumo » Sat 10 Mar , 2012 12:53 pm

You yourself are supposed to watch that by your actions (spectating / rejoining) someone else doesn't get forcibly switched by the balancer. If somebody does due to you becoming spectator, you are not allowed to rejoin the game.
Asked him to apologise, he failed to acknowledge me both times so it's a double length ban!
Honestly, I have to admit this is no reason for extending the ban. It rather should be opposite - if he acked, he would get lesser ban / back to spec etc. . Think someone not able to speak English.

It's Aza's ban however, so wait for his reply.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sat 10 Mar , 2012 5:06 pm

I would agree that asking a player to do something in chat is not a reason for extending a ban - if it wasn't already verified that the player in question can speak English.

In future, centre-screen chat will be used to address players.

Ban lifted.

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Sun 11 Mar , 2012 12:28 am

Azarael wrote:I would agree that asking a player to do something in chat is not a reason for extending a ban - if it wasn't already verified that the player in question can speak English.

In future, centre-screen chat will be used to address players.

Ban lifted.
Still I'd say when there would be clear ignorace, it just prevents any futher negotiation about the ban, but isn't a reason for extending it :/