Ballistic Keybinds not working?

Discuss the Ballistic Weapons servers here.
enerG
V.I.P. Member

Ballistic Keybinds not working?

Post by enerG » Sun 15 Apr , 2012 11:20 am

Hi,

i cant set Keys in game under Settings/Input for Ballistic Weapons - if i set a Key the Key dont work. Mouse/Keys also.
some of the Weapons even dont appear in the list, like ETS300 Nano...

I can set a Key if i edit user.ini like "X=GetWeapon BWBPRecolors3Pro.DragonsToothSword" - but i have to leave Game for do this.

I tried a fresh UT install, downloading all files from Gameserver and also fresh UT install with Mods manually added, both the same.
Game runs on Win7 x64-admin mode doesnt change anything- and the Version is a Bundle of UT Games called Unreal Anthology-some Patches already included, german language.

The Keys i set when press ESC ingame under Ballistic Tab are working. (like Loadout, Sprint...)

Anyone else got this Problem, can help or just want to lol?
Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That’s Relativity.
- Albert Einstein

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Re: Ballistic Keybinds not working?

Post by Azarael » Sun 15 Apr , 2012 3:02 pm

Are you using Ballistic V25 or my version?

enerG
V.I.P. Member

Post by enerG » Sun 15 Apr , 2012 3:41 pm

I wasnt able to download the Mod showed in http://ut2004.thenicam.ch/phpBB3/viewto ... =45&t=1217. Link works not for me.
So i downloaded it @ the runestorm site.
Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That’s Relativity.
- Albert Einstein

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sun 15 Apr , 2012 4:24 pm

Ah, my version is entirely different, which could be the problem.

enerG
V.I.P. Member

Post by enerG » Sun 15 Apr , 2012 4:34 pm

But if i fresh install UT and downloading all mod files from Gameserver (which is a lot of stuff) i should have your Version right?
I tried this and have same problem.
- Albert Einstein

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Sun 15 Apr , 2012 7:24 pm

Maybe when you're uninstalling UT some old files are left in the directory, and then subsequently still there when you reinstall the game.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sun 15 Apr , 2012 9:08 pm

My version, the one we use on the server, uses different packages, because it's heavily edited compared to stock v25 for balance, gameplay and bugfixes.

enerG
V.I.P. Member

Post by enerG » Mon 16 Apr , 2012 11:58 am

I didnt use uninstall, i dropped the whole UT Folder so there cant stay files left i think.

If i connect with a fresh ut install to BW Server it downloads the Mod and i can play it. But the Ballistic Weapons dont appear in Key Settings or Weapon Database.
Install downloaded Files from cache doesnt change anything.

If i install now Ballistic Weapons 2.5 from Runestorm(without overwriting existing Files) the Weapons appear in Input setting Keys and Weapon Database(not all Weapons honestly).
Keys cannot be set.
When i change a Key ingame it writes to user.ini as example:

M=GetWeapon BallisticV25.XK2SubMachinegun

if i change this with editor to

M=GetWeapon BallisticProV55.XK2SubMachinegun

the Key works...
- Albert Einstein

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Mon 16 Apr , 2012 5:05 pm

That's because my mod uses different code packages. This mod and RuneStorm's stock version of Ballistic aren't compatible.

Standard:

BCoreV25
BallisticV25
BWBPRecolors3

Mine:

BCoreProV55
BallisticProV55
BWBPRecolors3Pro

I don't upload the packages because they are occasionally modified for game balance and bug fixes. If you had the packages installed, and I changed them, you would no longer be able to connect.

SgtKelly
Ballistic Weapons Content Producer

Post by SgtKelly » Thu 19 Apr , 2012 3:13 am

I've had keybind problems after playing on the server with the Pro weapons and then switching to mine in Instant Action. I believe I solved it by purging and editing a couple .ini files. Like Azarael has stated though, if you bind a command to summon a specific gun, it'll only work if you actually have that exact gun down to its version number. For example, the V8, V9, and V10 and Pro versions of the X83 are all going to have different codes.