Not Being Able To Join Construction Server

You need help? It's here!
KHFan5

Not Being Able To Join Construction Server

Post by KHFan5 » Sun 03 Jun , 2012 3:26 am

I was torn between putting this in the construction server section or this help section, but decided to put it here cause it felt more fitting to.

Anywho, for a while I've been trying to join the Construction server cause I haven't been on it in a while. But for some reason, every time I try to connect I get 100% of the moverifle file downloaded and my laptop stops trying to connect. This happens sometimes when I lose connection to the internet in general on my laptop, but I didn't lose connection when I was trying to connect to the Construction server. So I was just wondering if there was something wrong with my laptop where it would just stop receiving files after the moverifle one.

I know that there's really no one official administering the server (as far as I know), but I was just curious if this was something someone else would be able to figure this out. Please and thank you!
Kingdom Hearts For the Win!

- Derp
KHFan5 wrote:Play as if I'm not a noob and I promise I won't be one for long.

Takeo
Disappeared Administrator

Re: Not Being Able To Join Construction Server

Post by Takeo » Sun 03 Jun , 2012 4:27 pm

1. Go to your UT2004/System folder and delete MoverRifle.u
2. If that doesn't help, clear your UT2004/Cache folder (or try to only delete the MoverRifle.u there)

If both don't help, let us know again

KHFan5

Post by KHFan5 » Thu 07 Jun , 2012 12:56 am

I couldn't find the file in my cache, but went ahead and cleared it anyway and it worked! Thanks for the help, I'll know to do that the next time I have a problem with that. (=
Kingdom Hearts For the Win!

- Derp
KHFan5 wrote:Play as if I'm not a noob and I promise I won't be one for long.

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Sat 09 Jun , 2012 5:19 pm

You need to go to cache.ini and ctrl+f the file you are looking for, in this case "moverrifle.u."

You can't find a file in cache just by looking at it, as each file is named after its GUID.