Venoms in Race maps

Discuss the Race / Assault server here.

What do you think about Venoms in RACE maps?

It's good, we can easily own RACERS
25%
It's a fine map addition
21%
It's a fine map addition, but it's very easy to kill the benders
50%
I don't mind
4%
I don't like Venoms at all
No votes

Total votes: 24

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Re: Venoms in Race maps

Post by iRobot » Sat 14 Jul , 2012 12:37 am

Calypto wrote:Venom is too powerful, just like the m50
This guy knows what hes talkin about

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sat 14 Jul , 2012 3:32 am

- Venom laser damage down to 40 from 50

- Venom cannon deals 40% less damage against vehicle
- Venom cannon damage radius halved.

- Venom hypervelocity missiles will no longer dramatically outrange twin beams
- Venom hypervelocity missiles no longer apply momentum and cannot be used to destroy airborne benders indirectly

- Venom passive regeneration reduced by 33% and shifted to 2.5 second timer (10 hp every 2.5 seconds)
- Friendly fire will no longer break regen
- Venom will not regenerate below 105 hp
- Venom flame effects match this point

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Sat 14 Jul , 2012 4:31 am

Awesome, thanks

Takeo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Takeo » Sun 15 Jul , 2012 6:22 pm

I pretty much appreciate the changes, but the regeneration got me thinking.
Don't you think that instead of regenerating when health is higher than 105hp is a bit weird?
Technically spoken, regeneration of a vehicle would be possible due to the technology of itself to repair the damage which costs an extreme amount of energy (High-Tech equipment etc). Thus, a regeneration system would only keep online the main-system-relevant hardware.

I would rather set the regeneration the way that the vehicle repairs itself to the point where the vehicle doesn't burn anymore. If the player feels the need of repairing more, he/she will have to use the linkgun.

Coi
V.I.P. Member

Post by Coi » Sun 15 Jul , 2012 7:09 pm

Takeo wrote:I pretty much appreciate the changes, but the regeneration got me thinking.
Don't you think that instead of regenerating when health is higher than 105hp is a bit weird?
Technically spoken, regeneration of a vehicle would be possible due to the technology of itself to repair the damage which costs an extreme amount of energy (High-Tech equipment etc). Thus, a regeneration system would only keep online the main-system-relevant hardware.

I would rather set the regeneration the way that the vehicle repairs itself to the point where the vehicle doesn't burn anymore. If the player feels the need of repairing more, he/she will have to use the linkgun.
I was thinking of putting a maximum limit on the regenerated HP (to a point where it has healed so much it cannot be done anymore).
This would be almost the same on the J/Repair button in Nitro vehicles, but I don't suggest adding such a functionality because repairing the vehicle would be too fast/easy then.
If this sentence is false, I don't have a signature.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sun 15 Jul , 2012 8:45 pm

- Bombs will have a higher velocity.

- Starburst will no longer be usable unless two or more vehicular targets are within the craft's firing arc. Damage will be increased from 50 to 80 per missile and the missiles will attempt to lead the target, but still retain their former poor maneouverability.

- Vehicle impacts have a tenfold damage modifier, so ramming non-flying vehicles will either destroy or seriously damage Havocs and Venoms. Admin craft are exempt.

Izumo note: Have read the note re transfer.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Wed 18 Jul , 2012 4:20 am

Added the BBQ-Bomb in place of the bombs on the Venom only. Fires a bomb which on contact with the ground spews a linear trail of flame, damaging nearby targets.

Coi
V.I.P. Member

Post by Coi » Thu 26 Jul , 2012 1:34 pm

Currently, the Venom (in RACE) is still a bit too powerful IMO. It's very manoeuvrable which makes it hard to hit (which you have to do a lot before it's destroyed), and killing it doesn't really help anyway since it will be respawned and back in the air after 15 seconds.

Also, the AVRIL 'lock' sometimes suddenly breaks but I'm not sure if that's a Venom or AVRIL bug.
If this sentence is false, I don't have a signature.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Thu 26 Jul , 2012 2:04 pm

Sure you're not thinking of dragonfly with those figures?

Venom respawn is something like 3 mins.

Socio
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Socio » Thu 26 Jul , 2012 2:58 pm

And AVRIL "lock" break is mostly a result of lag (other issue can be your mouse age). Based this on my own experiance on Nachos server ages ago when my RMB AVRIL lock broke every other second (always had over 120 ping), so I learned its safer just to track the vehicle with your crosshair without pressing RMB down (also safer as your view angle is wider and you can notice incoming dangers).
> team-spec*Socio: i see a new rais map
> team-spec*Socio: curious if ikea
> H&some: its not
> H&some: its actually pretty good