Weighted mapvoting

Discuss the Ballistic Weapons servers here.
iRobot
Junk Administrator

Re: Weighted mapvoting

Post by iRobot » Fri 30 Nov , 2012 2:12 pm

Compromises usually involve both parties gaining something, at the cost of something.

I fail to see how this an improvement from my pov fts

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Fri 30 Nov , 2012 2:27 pm

Look: if you won't make a compromise, repeat limit will stay on 70 for all maps, like Urban__, ___Urban etc. . If you make a compromise, there will be 70 repeat limit for 2 - 4 maps, and rest will have 100. likeaboss

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Fri 30 Nov , 2012 2:45 pm

But the maps you are proposing as "evening maps" are all 45 min - one hour maps.

If there is 3-4 of them, then fuck me, that's the evening gone.

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Fri 30 Nov , 2012 2:51 pm

Hmm, evening is usually lasting from 7 PM to midnight (i.e server is full), i.e 5 - 6 hours. If we can dedicate 2 hours for regular maps, then I see it as fine. Besides right now only two maps are on that list: Highlander (avg. 49:08) and Goatswood (avg. 37:21) = cca 1:45:00. With tibet (avg 41:35) it would be cca 2:30:00, so about 50% of the time. That assumes all 3 of them get regularly voted every evening, which may be a bit too much. If just 2 are voted, then it's fine to my eyes.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Fri 30 Nov , 2012 2:54 pm

Progress I guess. Will see if it makes any difference before I condemn it completely.

Thanks Izumo joinha

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Fri 30 Nov , 2012 2:58 pm

Let's wait for what others have to say about that.

giZmo
Hogwarts Professor

Post by giZmo » Fri 30 Nov , 2012 4:39 pm

Im just saying we should leave the descision to the players and what they want to play and not force them to other maps with a repeatlimit of 100.

The idea with the "evening maps" sounds interesting but the list for them is longer then you think:
Highlander, Goadswood, Blackhawk, Village, Downtown, Osiris, Old-Haven, Observatory, UrbanHotZone, Toy-Story (Tibet is not in that list cause its not played "every day")

I would rather use Aza´s suggestions and give other/new maps which fit the current playercount a higher votecount. Cause this way the players still can decide what they want to play but your chance (irobot) for playing a new map is much bigger then before.
"We never truly know how to appreciate something until we have lost it forever."

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Fri 30 Nov , 2012 4:47 pm

Highlander, Goadswood, Blackhawk, Village, Downtown, Osiris, Old-Haven, Observatory, UrbanHotZone, Toy-Story (Tibet is not in that list cause its not played "every day")
The irony is that these are all the overplayed maps. Lets insert fallacies into the vote system so the overplayed maps are always available for voting. It's madness to me.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Fri 30 Nov , 2012 5:01 pm

Anyway, I said above I'll give it a try and see how it works out, so I'll stop arguing over it.

giZmo
Hogwarts Professor

Post by giZmo » Fri 30 Nov , 2012 5:05 pm

It´s interesting that you seem to be the only one atm that has such massive problems with the current situation.

As you told in your previous post i often quit to spec or windows if stock maps are played cause i find them idd boring or spam. That´s right, but i go spec and wait till
this map or 5 other maps i dont like are played. I dont cry, i dont complain, i just wait and let them play the maps they want.
"We never truly know how to appreciate something until we have lost it forever."