RACE-ScorpionCoaster

For posting your maps.
darkelf
Disappeared Administrator

Re: RACE-NewScorpionCoaster(elf)1-beta

Post by darkelf » Wed 01 May , 2013 3:08 pm

iRobot wrote:Add some unarmed hellbenders for those who are too underground for scorpions

trollface
Well im pretty sure hellbenders would get stuck in at least one area i know of and probably more. Soo not going to happen.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Wed 01 May , 2013 3:17 pm

=SS

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Wed 01 May , 2013 5:49 pm

Don't we have enough maps with filthy hellbenders?

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Wed 01 May , 2013 6:03 pm

I just thought it would be interesting to be able to tackle the course in another vehicle.

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Wed 01 May , 2013 6:16 pm

Could always add a lol car it should be able to do it
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Fri 03 May , 2013 7:39 pm

Map: Race-NewScorpionCoaster(REV)(E6)

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?838xtp8fcnkjg3r

Change log/Screenshots:
Added 2 more objectives
Added Actor to override timelimit and put it to 30 min. (I'll leave it up to administrator to decide what proper time to set it to. I Just know that the map is going to take longer then the typical 20 min)
Added loop de loops!

Fixed the messy glass windows according to socio.

Landing zone out of spawn has been modified to fit the theme a little better.. Sorry I'm not the best at making things looking pretty.. Not my strong suit.

Obj2 tube made a bit harder

Obj2 half pipe harder as well

Obj2 Land mines have been added back in per request from iRobot. You can thank him.

Third obj

Obj4

Obj1 Beams have been added back in

Donnie
Forever Alonnie

Post by Donnie » Fri 03 May , 2013 10:49 pm

looks awesome,elfy!!!!

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Mon 06 May , 2013 3:14 pm

Map: Race-NewScorpionCoaster(REV)(E7)

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?24v8l2vl0hlcq38

Change log:
-Added some blocking volumes to obj 1/2/3 and 4 to prevent exploiting/glitch/shortcuts.
-Added longer landing zone for both loop de loops on objs 3 and 4. (Was to difficult and the ramps are unpredictable in online play. Offline they worked. Apologizes.. really hate loop de loop physics in ut2004.)
-Fixed obj 4 side jump and made slightly easier.
-Fixed the blocks holding up spawn point so neither player or vehicle can enter in there. However I'm sure some dimbo is going to exit vehicle and ejects inside there.. well there the dimbo who did it and I can't fix stupidity.(technically I could but.. let them suffer)

Note: Please give me some feed back/glitches its 2 new paths and hasn't been tested much.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 07 May , 2013 1:44 pm

Really enjoyed the map. Trial maps are great fun when you have to contend with other people as well as the map itself. (Trial cars are lame in that regard, but if the road is narrow that it only supports one car, then I can understand it, such as Blazing)

Suggestions;

Add more time upon completion of an objective, but only if the game timer is <10, so you don't get +15 mins added when there is 40 mins left LOL

More difficulty - a trials map doesn't need to be completable by all. The timer additions detailed above mean that you don't have 30 mins of being stuck because nobody can do it.

More movers, don't think the map has any at all except the lift(s), they add a great deal of variety to the obstacles, knockers, sliders, lolbarrels etc. For ex, on the big jumps you have, you could have a moving wall that you have to time your jump to avoid. Then it's less of "jump from floating platform a to b" and more interesting.

Also perhaps even open all objectives at once, and just make the completion criteria that all 4 are finished. Then if someone gets stuck, they can try another one, instead of just driving around outside base for the remaining time (which people do a lot..)

As for glitches, I wasn't really looking for any, as I was trying to do the track as intended, but I don't think I spotted anything huge.

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Tue 07 May , 2013 4:34 pm

iRobot wrote: Add more time upon completion of an objective, but only if the game timer is <10, so you don't get +15 mins added when there is 40 mins left LOL
I had every intention to do this. I need to figure out how socio did that on blazing. @ Socio if you can give me some insight into how you did this that would be awesome!
iRobot wrote:More movers, don't think the map has any at all except the lift(s), they add a great deal of variety to the obstacles, knockers, sliders, lolbarrels etc. For ex, on the big jumps you have, you could have a moving wall that you have to time your jump to avoid. Then it's less of "jump from floating platform a to b" and more interesting.
No. Not going to happen. The idea of movers in a trial aspect is fun. However..
1. They tend to be buggy
2. They can cause many wierd things to happen (ie: someone hits mover just right and suddenly they are pushed miles into a different objective.)
3. Movers do not play friendly online as ping can be a huge factor in how you will get past the mover. Timing with a ping higher then 90 can get a bit difficult vs someone playing with 20-60 ping.
4. Last but not least.. I made map I would like to complete it with my 120 ping. So I win!! :)
iRobot wrote:Also perhaps even open all objectives at once, and just make the completion criteria that all 4 are finished. Then if someone gets stuck, they can try another one, instead of just driving around outside base for the remaining time (which people do a lot..)
This could be possible and would have to move second obj in a way it wouldn't effect obj 1 easy enough. I don't see any reason not to do this.. I'll consider it.
iRobot wrote:As for glitches, I wasn't really looking for any, as I was trying to do the track as intended, but I don't think I spotted anything huge.
Most areas that one can exploit are blocked but I wouldn't be surprised if I missed something although I'm pretty sure I got most.