2 annoying server issues.

Discuss the Minecraft server here.
Anhrak

2 annoying server issues.

Post by Anhrak » Thu 13 Sep , 2012 10:39 am

Hey Coi, Takeo, GiZmo and AlexD, I have a few issues which have been told to Coi already, but weren't fixed ever.

One is that as soon as I try to mine a block, like sand or dirt, while a shovel (or any other fitting tool) is in my inventory, I get instantly kicked off the server with the message "Nope!". When I come back, the block is still there with a permanent texture of breaking the block, and doesn't disappear when the block is gone.
I do have an auto-switch mod, but that only affects tools that are in the action bar and works perfectly fine. When I tried it on my 1.3.2 file (which didn't have any mods), it still occured.

Another issue is that whe I log off, or get kicked as described above, I suddenly have to wait several minutes to join back in. This started occuring since 2 weeks, and is really annoying if I have to leave the game for just sec, I.E. someone can turn the time to daytime with a bed when I'm not near any bed at that moment.

Hope those issues can be explained and fixed soon.

Takeo
Disappeared Administrator

Re: 2 annoying server issues.

Post by Takeo » Thu 13 Sep , 2012 1:18 pm

The problem with the "Nope" is well known as a client side problem and has nothing to do with the server, though personally I don't know what is causing it.

"[WARNING] Anhrak tried to set an invalid carried item." Is the reference in the log.

This problem can be solved by redownloading the minecraft client jar.
Thus you should delete minecraft and reinstall it. (Don't forget to make a backup of your files)

The delayed login problem is related to the same issue and should automatically be fixed by solving issue one.
If the problem still occurs, let us know.

alexd2580

Post by alexd2580 » Thu 13 Sep , 2012 2:12 pm

could you show me the link of that "mod" or whatever it is? i'd like to investigate. (need sth to get back into java coding^^)

Takeo

Post by Takeo » Thu 13 Sep , 2012 2:34 pm

alexd2580 wrote:could you show me the link of that "mod" or whatever it is? i'd like to investigate. (need sth to get back into java coding^^)
If you are refering to the .log line I poasted above you should know that it is a default feature. No mod required to get this issue.

alexd2580

Post by alexd2580 » Thu 13 Sep , 2012 2:43 pm

i guess there is an invalid client-side operation in his mod. maybe this can be fixed...

Anhrak

Post by Anhrak » Thu 13 Sep , 2012 7:14 pm

as said in my main post, this happens in my 1.3.2 file as well, which does not have ANY mod.

Takeo

Post by Takeo » Thu 13 Sep , 2012 8:21 pm

I already confirmed that it has nothing to do with mods ;)

Just reinstall minecraft. The only data you should import (if necessary) are your texturepacks and singleplayer worlds.

alexd2580

Post by alexd2580 » Thu 13 Sep , 2012 10:24 pm

oh... i didn't get the problem... well excuse me, please