7days?

If you feel a ban has been made in error, appeal it here.
Kairu

7days?

Post by Kairu » Sat 13 Oct , 2012 6:21 pm

So I was banned(With no warning) for 7 days clearly for a word I used jokingly.
I only know the rules now because I had to find this forum. I'm not asking for
the ban to be removed, I just don't think its right to have to wait a full week. Is
there anyway I can have it shortened?
-RagingIdiot

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Re: 7days?

Post by Azarael » Sat 13 Oct , 2012 6:25 pm

Rules are on F12 in game and we consider use of words with racist connotations to be an obvious offense.

Kairu

Post by Kairu » Mon 15 Oct , 2012 11:05 pm

I can't use F12 that cut my wi-fi. I still dont see how its fair when other people are warned, or just get muted. I am black and hear people(black or not) use the word all the time. Anyway, thats ok I guess I'll wait my full week.

Takeo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Takeo » Mon 15 Oct , 2012 11:19 pm

You may go to the main page (portal) of LDG and click on the UT SERVER RULES in the menu on the left to read the rules prior playing. Should have enough time atm

KillerB
V.I.P. Member

Post by KillerB » Tue 16 Oct , 2012 6:22 pm

Maybe a server message "Server Rules Are On LDG Forum - Ignorant of these are no excuse if you are banned for breaking them"

That way when people are banned they cant come here and QQ about it. Although in todays society its COMMON SENSE that racist/sexist are bannable ones.
~)Open wide hunny, Momma's got ya goo(~

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 16 Oct , 2012 7:33 pm

It's acceptable for black people to use the term, as strange as it sounds, thats the way we are as a society. Feel free to listen to any rap music, international films etc for that.

Therefore, if you can provide a picture of yourself saying "LDG - it's the best." with a timestamp, then the ban will be lifted.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Wed 17 Oct , 2012 12:01 am

I hate to use this word, but that's privilege. You can only say such words if you're black? So we now have to check the ethnicity of all players who use the word and assume that their uploads are of themselves? That's completely unenforcable.

This should be all or nothing. If the word is racially charged, then black people using it so trivially means that it can no longer be so highly offensive - if it was, nobody would want to hear it anymore - and it's nothing more than a double standard. If it isn't racially charged, then everyone can use it. Implement whichever you feel is right, but as far as I'm concerned race doesn't matter on the internet and it can, and should, be kept out of interactions within this game.

Pinky
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Pinky » Wed 17 Oct , 2012 1:46 am

iRobot wrote:It's acceptable for black people to use the term, as strange as it sounds
It is even acceptable for white US people to use it because it is protected under the First Amendment of the US constitution (freedom of speech).
Did anyone ask the guys who got a permanent ban for creating the swastika on the race server if they are members of a Neo-Nazi party? By your logic it would be acceptable for them to use the symbol in that case.

However, I think we can all safely agree that the N-word is a racist word, no matter if its usage is permited under local law or not, or who uses it. The rules of LDG clearly state that racism and insults are forbidden. And btw, the first time you join an LDG server you actually have to acknowledge that you obey our rules before you can even join the game. If people don't read them before they click "Yes" its clearly not our fault...
And who are you, the proud lord said, that I must bow so low?
Only a cat of a different coat, that's all the truth I know.
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws,
And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall, and not a soul to hear.

Anhrak

Post by Anhrak » Wed 17 Oct , 2012 8:57 am

It may be some good advice to know what the meaning of the words are you intend to say, before making such jokes. 'nigger' is an offensive word specified for a race, not just 'naming' a race.
Last edited by giZmo on Wed 17 Oct , 2012 7:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: My bad...write what you want

Todori

Post by Todori » Wed 17 Oct , 2012 11:36 am

I think the problem is, some people uses bad words to say normal things and other uses normal words to say bad things.
There is no personal contact between players, so you cant be sure what he wants to say. Thats why using those words is forbidden.
"better ban 9 virgin player and 1 guilty then dont ban anyone."

Todori = Pro