Banned for talking about other languages than english.

If you feel a ban has been made in error, appeal it here.
xpedition

Banned for talking about other languages than english.

Post by xpedition » Mon 15 Oct , 2012 8:32 pm

So i was stating my opinion about why other languages should be allowed i think this is great because for a lot of us english is not the native language so it make us feel more comfortable. i personally would love if the server allowed norwegian and swedish. so eiforia was suggesting to me go make a thread about it on the forum. then i said I'm 99% certain this would be denied especially from gizmo then i used the word nazi rules which basically means highly stricted rules and often not open for new ideas/suggestions. then way later gizmo tells me "btw toma bye permaban" then i get banned. without a chance to explain myself. i had no intention of insulting gizmo or anyone else and i can't see why anyone would be offended by such discussion about foreign language. i believe any responsible admin should give a warning and ask to knock it off before they give a perma ban like this as i had no malicious reason to start this discussion but rather find it as completely natural to use my foreign language. but i obey the rules if they want english only so be it but i cannot see a problem with this and this is the point i was trying to make.

edit: ip 80.213.22.110 guid 32AF618F-3BA1EF82-64F8DEEF-ED08553C

Eiforia
Piska

Re: Banned for talking about other languages than english.

Post by Eiforia » Mon 15 Oct , 2012 9:13 pm

You wasnt ban coz of discussion about foreign languages...

You was banned coz of your "giz nazi rules"
http://www.ldg-gaming.eu/viewtopic.php?p=12221#p12221

And about foreign languages... http://www.ldg-gaming.eu/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=1258

Already was discussion...
"I shall listen to Roy Orbison - "It's Over" in memory of Hamish" - Azarael

xpedition

Post by xpedition » Mon 15 Oct , 2012 9:16 pm

Eiforia wrote:You wasnt ban coz of discussion about foreign languages...

You was banned coz of your "giz nazi rules"
http://www.ldg-gaming.eu/viewtopic.php?p=12221#p12221

And about foreign languages... http://www.ldg-gaming.eu/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=1258

Already was discussion...
I apologize if someone got offended by this it was never the intention i just meant the rules are strict.

Eiforia
Piska

Post by Eiforia » Mon 15 Oct , 2012 9:56 pm

Toma, last time you turn back after ban (for racizm too) and said that you apologize that ppl understand you wrong, that those your words were a joke or smth... Even somebody answered you tht anything about racizm/nazism cant be fun.
And again you are doing same now... If you wanted to say that rules are strict, imo you needed to it in this way...Then there will be no need to apologize.

And rules are the rules and are not discussed in any way.

xpedition

Post by xpedition » Mon 15 Oct , 2012 10:07 pm

I'm so sorry as I've already mentioned i never tried to insult anyone and i was not aware of only the N word on it own were against the rules. i thought discriminating people with different culture was.
Can you at least let me go with a perma mute this way i wont say anything bad again.

Eiforia
Piska

Post by Eiforia » Mon 15 Oct , 2012 10:13 pm

The thing that you dont read rules doesnt mean that everything is allowed.

RULES(to make you know):
3. Watch your language.
3a) English, German and french are the only accepted languages.
3b) Racism and sexism is not tolerated. For the purposes of this rule, race also incorporates Jews, Arabs and similar, as well as variants such as "ni**a".

3d) Nazism will result an immediate permanent ban.

And you get 30 days ban as far as i know.

giZmo
Hogwarts Professor

Post by giZmo » Mon 15 Oct , 2012 10:14 pm

Ban was dropped to 30 days but be aware that any further issue even a small one will result in a permban.
"We never truly know how to appreciate something until we have lost it forever."

xpedition

Post by xpedition » Mon 15 Oct , 2012 10:19 pm

Thank you i will try my best not to break any rules i love the server.

Takeo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Takeo » Mon 15 Oct , 2012 10:35 pm

It's quite funny. I added the links to rules directly on the portal page and yet still they get it managed within the first week to ignore them :)

To make it clear: In a community base where nazism is clearly restricted, Godwin's law does not apply. The comparison to nazis can not be justified. Neither with the length of a conversation nor with any other aspect such as the consistency of executing rules. This behaviour is fundamental to a working regime in any country/community/group. As long as people stay out of certain contents, fun is granted in ut and on ldg ;)

And yes, a 30 day ban is merciful at this point, so you should appreciate it by sticking to your goal of watching your steps from now on :)

Have fun.

Todori

Post by Todori » Tue 16 Oct , 2012 1:44 pm

I'm just a normal user, but i would like to open up my opinion.
These Rules are important and have to be followed.
Racism is (of course) forbidden and everybody who makes an offensive comment gets banned. Thats okay, same punishment for same "crime".
But in that case its not comprehensible to me, that racism gets punished in other ways then sexism.
There are so much jokes and phrases against gays on server, would it be against blacks or jews, i bet you will give a lot of bans.
I just want to know, if you can close one eye when players backbite over gays, why not when they are blacks?
Todori = Pro